Brothels and Signets
Brothel setting
Lyric accepted the fruit with a grateful smile, her curiosity piqued by the exchange between Mariam and the vendor. She tucked it into her bag for later, knowing that any food shared with friends tasted better, especially after a job well done. She stayed close to Mariam, instinctively mirroring her cautious awareness of their surroundings. The energy of the market was infectious, and while she was mesmerized by the sights and sounds, she knew better than to let her guard down entirely.

As Mariam spoke, Lyric considered her words, realizing how much travel and adventure must have shaped her friend’s view of the world. She respected that perspective, even if it was still new to her.

Maybe one day all cities will start to blur together for me too, but right now, it all feels so new and different. I’ve traveled, sure, but not like this. Lyric replied, her tone thoughtful. She chuckled at Mariam’s teasing about how she might feel after the job. You might be right, but I have a feeling this experience will stick with me, no matter how it turns out. And hey, if we pull this off, maybe I’ll be begging you to bring me along on the next one.

She matched Mariam’s pace, careful to stay alert as they moved through the crowd. The question about her travels made her pause, reflecting on the places she had seen and the circumstances that had brought her there.

Well, I’ve been to a few places, but most of it wasn’t exactly voluntary. Orlais, of course. The Free Marches, Kirkwall, for a while. That was... intense, to say the least, Starkhaven. I’ve also been to Ferelden, but that was more out of necessity than choice, she explained, a hint of bitterness creeping into her voice when she mentioned Kirkwall.

Lyric’s expression softened as she continued, But I did manage to see some beautiful places along the way. The Waking Sea, for example. It’s breathtaking, even when you’re on the run. And Skyhold... I only visited once, but it was incredible. A fortress in the mountains, with the most stunning views.

She looked over at Mariam, her expression brightening as she added, But this, being here with you and working on something that feels... real, this is different. It’s not just about survival, it’s about something more. Adventure, yes, but also friendship, trust... I think that’s what I’ve been missing all this time.

Lyric’s words hung in the air between them, her sincerity evident in the way she spoke. She hoped Mariam understood how much this opportunity meant to her, not just as a way to see the world, but as a chance to build something lasting, something that went beyond the transient nature of her past travels.

@Mariam DeTyne

Messages In This Thread
Brothels and Signets - by Mariam DeTyne - 03-25-2024, 02:06 PM
RE: Brothels and Signets - by Lyric Oatshield - 03-25-2024, 02:56 PM
RE: Brothels and Signets - by Mariam DeTyne - 04-05-2024, 10:05 PM
RE: Brothels and Signets - by Lyric Oatshield - 04-11-2024, 10:14 AM
RE: Brothels and Signets - by Mariam DeTyne - 04-28-2024, 07:46 PM
RE: Brothels and Signets - by Lyric Oatshield - 05-08-2024, 02:01 PM
RE: Brothels and Signets - by Mariam DeTyne - 05-27-2024, 02:23 PM
RE: Brothels and Signets - by Lyric Oatshield - 06-16-2024, 09:10 AM
RE: Brothels and Signets - by Mariam DeTyne - 06-16-2024, 10:41 AM
RE: Brothels and Signets - by Lyric Oatshield - 06-17-2024, 12:13 PM