That’s the price of secrecy
Shenanigans will ensue, no telling how crazy it could get
Horus squinted at the map, his brow furrowing as Ruth pointed out the passage that would have shortened the journey. He hadn’t noticed that before, and it was troubling.

Good catch, mate, Horus muttered, tracing the route with his finger. Why indeed? Maybe they were tryin’ to avoid somethin’. Pirates? A storm? Or maybe… He trailed off, the possibilities swirling in his mind. Maybe someone didn’t want them to reach their destination at all. Sabotage? That’s a whole new layer to this mess.

As Ruth mentioned the Warden, Horus’s expression darkened. Wardens, huh? Yeah, those bastards are a breed all their own. The stuff they get up to... not exactly the sort you’d call heroes, if you ask me. He shook his head, leaning back in the booth.

What’d they want with you? Or did they just decide to make trouble for no reason? I’ve seen them pick fights just to amuse themselves. Think they’re untouchable, most of ‘em. Horus took another swig of his drink, his mind half on the mystery of the shipwreck and half on Ruth’s recent troubles.

He knew enough about Grey Wardens to understand that they were far from the noble warriors most people thought them to be. Ruth’s encounter with them didn’t surprise him, but it did concern him.

You alright though? I mean, aside from the eye. Those Wardens can be real bastards if you cross ‘em the wrong way. Horus’s tone was serious, the playful banter set aside as he focused on his friend. He’d been through enough scrapes himself to know that some wounds ran deeper than they appeared.

@Ruth Yoesif

Messages In This Thread
That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 06-18-2024, 11:33 AM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 06-25-2024, 02:44 PM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 07-02-2024, 08:06 AM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 07-08-2024, 09:24 AM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 08-06-2024, 08:50 AM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 08-12-2024, 03:15 PM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 08-22-2024, 05:15 PM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 10-14-2024, 01:27 PM