The calm before the storm.
None
Rian couldn't help but chuckle at her comment about getting soft. He knew she had a tough exterior, but moments like these made him appreciate the person beneath it even more.

Making eyes at each other and holding hands? Sounds scandalous, he teased lightly, his tone playful but warm. But don't worry, I'll make sure you keep that tough reputation of yours intact.

He watched as she downed the medicine and tea, wincing slightly in sympathy as she grimaced at the taste. Yeah, medicine never tastes good, does it? But at least it should start helping you feel better soon.

When she mentioned her to-do list, Rian shook his head, still smiling. That pile of stuff will still be there when you're back on your feet. Right now, your only job is to rest and get better. Everything else can wait.

He leaned back a bit, making himself comfortable on the chair beside her bed as she asked how he was doing.

I'm holding up alright, he answered, his tone shifting slightly, becoming more reflective. Things have been... different, you know? A lot on my mind, but nothing I can’t handle.

Rian didn’t want to burden her with his worries while she was sick, but he also knew she could see through him if he tried to pretend everything was fine.

But don't worry about me. Right now, I’m more concerned about getting you back to your usual self. Anything else on your mind? Anything you want to talk about? He offered her a chance to vent or share, knowing that sometimes, talking could be just as healing as any medicine.

@Aelynthi Loraronna

Messages In This Thread
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 04-09-2024, 10:14 AM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 06-13-2024, 12:13 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 06-26-2024, 02:36 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 08-17-2024, 01:53 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 08-22-2024, 05:23 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 09-01-2024, 06:40 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 10-14-2024, 01:39 PM