Goodbye, my almost lover
None
Zevran's usually light-hearted demeanor softened as Maika leaned her head on his shoulder. The weight of the situation, normally something he would shrug off with a joke or a clever remark, settled heavily on him now. This wasn’t just another mission, another plan to be executed with precision—this was something far more personal, something that tugged at the heart he so often claimed was impervious to sentiment.

He let out a quiet sigh, wrapping his arm around her, drawing her closer. Ah, Maika, you wound me, he said with a soft chuckle, though there was no real humor behind it. But I suppose you’re right. The plan is as solid as it can be, and I would rather spend these last moments with you than discussing details we both know by heart.

Zevran gently entwined his fingers with hers, savoring the warmth of her hand in his. Arissa, hmm? It’s a beautiful name, perfect for a beautiful girl. And I will hold on to our memories and my dreams of my daughter, and I will hold them close, even if I cannot hold you. His voice was tender, the usual playful edge replaced by something deeper, something more genuine.

He turned his head slightly, pressing a kiss to her temple. You will be an amazing mother, Maika. And one day, when it is safe, perhaps our paths will cross again, and I can meet this lovely Arissa. But until then, you must promise me to stay safe, to stay hidden. For her, and for yourself. The thought of the Crows getting their hands on their daughter, was more than he could bear to think about.

Zevran's gaze drifted out over the city, the place he had called home for so long. He had seen so much, done so much, but nothing quite compared to this moment. I will miss you too, my love, he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper. More than words can express. And I will never forget you, never forget what we shared. But you know me, I cannot help but add a touch of humor even now—so let’s make this promise, shall we? When we meet again, and we will, I expect you to have taught our little Arissa all the ways to outwit her old man. She should be a master of stealth, charm, and of course, the art of the blade.

@Maika Arainai

Messages In This Thread
Goodbye, my almost lover - by Maika Arainai - 08-16-2024, 04:09 PM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Zevran Arainai - 08-17-2024, 01:58 PM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Maika Arainai - 08-21-2024, 03:18 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Zevran Arainai - 08-21-2024, 07:53 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Maika Arainai - 09-01-2024, 11:51 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Zevran Arainai - 09-03-2024, 09:21 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Maika Arainai - 10-12-2024, 03:08 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Zevran Arainai - 10-14-2024, 01:21 PM