[past] And you are?
sorta, bit
Lustara’s gaze flickered with a cunning brilliance as he sensed her determination to drive the dagger home. But he wasn’t done yet. He had one more card to play, and it was a good one—one that might just save his skin, if only for a little while longer.

Ah, before you deliver that killing blow, darling, he began, his tone suddenly infused with a casual nonchalance that belied the gravity of the situation, there’s something you might want to consider. Something that could be far more valuable to you than my death.

He let the words sink in, watching her closely, gauging her reaction. You see, I happen to know where some very powerful mages are hiding. The kind of mages that your little hunter group has been desperately seeking, but always seems to just miss by a hair’s breadth. I could tell you exactly where to find them.

He could see her grip on the dagger tighten, and he knew he had her attention, even if she wasn’t fully convinced yet. I’m not talking about your run-of-the-mill spellcasters, either. I’m talking about the ones who dabble in the kind of dark magic that makes even someone like you hesitate. The ones who, if left unchecked, could pose a far greater threat than yours truly ever could.

Lustara allowed a moment of silence to let his offer settle in her mind. Now, you could kill me, of course. But then you’d lose this valuable information. And where would that leave you? Still chasing shadows, still fighting battles you’re destined to lose, all while those mages continue to grow stronger, more dangerous.

He tilted his head slightly, his smile returning, this time with a touch of genuine amusement. So, what will it be, my fierce huntress? A quick, meaningless victory? Or the chance to take down something far more significant, something that could truly make a difference? It’s your choice, but I must say, letting me go could be the most strategic move you’ve made all day.

Lustara’s eyes never left hers, his expression a masterful blend of sincerity and mischief. He knew he’d given her something to think about, and now it was just a matter of waiting to see if she would take the bait.

@Eithne

Messages In This Thread
[past] And you are? - by Lustara - 08-15-2024, 05:09 PM
RE: [past] And you are? - by Eithne - 08-18-2024, 11:13 AM
RE: [past] And you are? - by Lustara - 08-21-2024, 07:44 AM
RE: [past] And you are? - by Eithne - 10-12-2024, 12:20 AM
RE: [past] And you are? - by Lustara - 10-14-2024, 12:50 PM
RE: [past] And you are? - by Eithne - 10-19-2024, 11:57 PM
RE: [past] And you are? - by Lustara - 10-25-2024, 12:01 PM