Goodbye, my almost lover
None
Zevran chuckled softly at Maika's playful remark, the sound a bittersweet melody that danced in the night air. He relished the warmth of her kiss against his arm, savoring every moment of this final night together. Though their future was uncertain, and the dangers they faced were all too real, he found solace in their shared humor and the love that bound them.

Ah, my love, always the practical one, Zevran teased lightly, his golden eyes glinting with affection as he looked down at her. But I can’t argue with that logic, especially when we have a plan to execute. Still, you know I would be more than willing to exhaust ourselves in other, more delightful ways if it weren’t for the circumstances. He gave her a sly smile, though there was a hint of sadness in his eyes that even his charm couldn’t fully mask.

He listened as Maika spoke of names, of their future child, and of the life she would build in his absence. The mention of naming a boy after him made his heart swell with pride, but he quickly masked it with his trademark wit. Zevran the Younger, hmm? A bold choice, but you’re right—perhaps something a bit more subtle is in order. Still, I have no doubt that whatever name you choose, our child will wear it proudly.

As she played with a lock of his hair, Zevran leaned into the touch, closing his eyes for a brief moment to commit this feeling to memory. The way her fingers gently tangled in his hair, the warmth of her presence, the sound of her voice—it was all he could take with him when they parted, and he wanted to remember every detail.

Her words of reassurance, her confidence in her ability to protect their child, filled him with a mixture of pride and worry. He knew Maika was more than capable, a former Crow with skills that rivaled his own, but the dangers they faced were relentless. Still, he trusted her, as he always had.

I have no doubt you’ll keep Arissa safe, Maika. And if there’s anyone who can outwit the Crows, it’s you. He squeezed her hand gently, offering what comfort he could. But don’t think for a moment that I won’t be doing everything in my power to keep an eye on both of you from the shadows. I may not be by your side, but I’ll be watching, protecting you in whatever ways I can.

Zevran laughed at the thought of their future daughter, an Arainai in the making, inheriting their cunning and skill. Oh, I have no doubt that she will be a force to be reckoned with. And when the day comes that I face my own daughter in a test of skill, I will gladly accept my defeat, knowing she learned from the best. He winked at Maika, his playful nature shining through even in this somber moment. But let’s keep that our little secret, shall we? Wouldn’t want her getting too cocky.

He fell silent then, simply holding her close as they looked out over the city they both loved. The world around them was changing, and soon they would be separated by necessity, but in this moment, they were together, and that was all that mattered.

Whatever happens, Maika, know that you will always have my heart. I will miss you every day, but I will carry the memory of this night with me, always. He pressed a tender kiss to her lips, a promise and a farewell wrapped in one. And when the time is right, when it is safe… we will find each other again. Of that, I am certain.

With that, he fell silent, savoring these last precious moments with the woman he loved, before the dawn broke and the path ahead of them diverged into uncertain futures.

@Maika Arainai

Messages In This Thread
Goodbye, my almost lover - by Maika Arainai - 08-16-2024, 04:09 PM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Zevran Arainai - 08-17-2024, 01:58 PM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Maika Arainai - 08-21-2024, 03:18 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Zevran Arainai - 08-21-2024, 07:53 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Maika Arainai - 09-01-2024, 11:51 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Zevran Arainai - 09-03-2024, 09:21 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Maika Arainai - 10-12-2024, 03:08 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Zevran Arainai - 10-14-2024, 01:21 PM