No One Trustworthy
death
“Konstance.” He said in an even tone. He wasn't quite sure if t he dead still held position within his house. He was likely to be interred there but it was a finer point of law that was best left for later. “Explain how you came to this alley, Guardsman.” His tone was softer than it would have been with the living in this situation. He was on leave after all, and hardly disgraced himself getting poisoned. Foolish perhaps but not disgraceful.

“I was meeting Hegemone here. We had been seeing each other for a month or so in private.” Konstance stated, emotionless. Tacitus' jaw tightened but he kept quiet. “We were pretty secret, or so I thought.” Tacitus thought he saw Konstance's face shy away a moment, but it was almost certainly projection. “Either way, after a few drinks tonight guards from her family house came in an dragged her away, I tried to give chase, but everything felt sluggish. I staggered out the bar and turned the corner and my legs just slammed straight and I teetered over without control. I blacked out when I hit the ground I think.”

It seemed unlike he knew much else relevant to this moment, but he had to cover one last unfortunate question. “What did you and Hegemone talk about?” It seemed unlikely that Konstance could be evasive or lie in this state, so no need to drive the point home further. “We talked about leaving town. She thought Orlais would be a good option but I had heard there was some kind of trouble in those parts. We were planning on leaving.” Tacitus chewed that information for a moment. Not quite treasonous, if he gave leave and notice of his intention to leave service. He hadn't leaked anything pertinent that he knew of. “So Master Tiberius” he turned back, his hand carefully tucked behind. “What do you think of this mess.”

Messages In This Thread
No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 06-02-2024, 08:06 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tiberius Umbra - 06-15-2024, 06:37 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 06-22-2024, 05:07 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tiberius Umbra - 07-12-2024, 04:11 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 07-23-2024, 03:54 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tiberius Umbra - 08-19-2024, 08:50 AM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 08-22-2024, 02:28 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tiberius Umbra - 10-22-2024, 11:43 AM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 10-24-2024, 06:33 AM