A perfect pizza
None
Madeline turned her head at the sound of Mara's voice, offering a warm, welcoming smile as she stood to greet the Arlessa of Denerim. The tranquility of the garden, combined with the weight of the impending conversation, made the moment feel both serene and solemn.

Arlessa Tabris, Madeline replied, inclining her head respectfully. Thank you for meeting with me on such short notice. I agree, there's much to discuss, and I'm glad we can do so in such a peaceful setting.

She gestured to the bench, inviting Mara to sit beside her. The soft murmur of the fountain and the rustling leaves created a soothing backdrop for the serious conversation that lay ahead.

As she settled back down, Madeline took a moment to gather her thoughts, her gaze briefly sweeping over the flowers that surrounded them. There was something comforting about the blooms, a reminder of resilience and beauty even in the face of hardship.

I wish our meeting could be under better circumstances, she began, her tone measured and thoughtful. The situation with the Orlesian refugees is becoming increasingly dire. Ferelden has always prided itself on its strength and its ability to withstand adversity, but this influx of people... it presents challenges we haven't faced in a long time.

Madeline looked at Mara, her expression earnest. I’ve been doing what I can in West Hills—taking in as many refugees as possible, ensuring they have food, shelter, and some semblance of security. But the numbers keep growing, and I fear that we may soon reach our limits. That's why I wanted to speak with you. Denerim is the heart of Ferelden, and your leadership here is crucial. We need to coordinate our efforts to ensure that these people are treated with compassion and care, but also that our resources are managed wisely.

She paused, allowing Mara a moment to absorb her words before continuing. I’m also concerned about the potential unrest this could cause among our people. The memory of the last Blight is still fresh for many, and the idea of Orlesians settling in Ferelden—however temporarily—might not sit well with everyone. We need a strategy, not just for managing the resources, but also for maintaining the peace.

Madeline leaned forward slightly, her hands resting in her lap as she considered the many facets of the situation. I believe that with careful planning, we can find a way to help these refugees without compromising the well-being of our own people. But it will require cooperation and a clear plan. I'm eager to hear your thoughts on how we might approach this together.

The gravity of the situation was not lost on her. The decisions they made in this garden would ripple across Ferelden, affecting countless lives. But Madeline also felt a sense of resolve, knowing that this was where she was meant to be—working alongside others to protect and guide the people of Ferelden through whatever challenges lay ahead.

@Mara Tabris

Messages In This Thread
A perfect pizza - by Madeline Wulff - 08-21-2024, 07:48 AM
RE: A perfect pizza - by Mara Tabris - 08-21-2024, 02:39 PM
RE: A perfect pizza - by Madeline Wulff - 08-22-2024, 05:20 PM
RE: A perfect pizza - by Mara Tabris - 09-13-2024, 01:38 PM
RE: A perfect pizza - by Madeline Wulff - 10-01-2024, 08:26 AM
RE: A perfect pizza - by Mara Tabris - 10-21-2024, 10:59 AM
RE: A perfect pizza - by Madeline Wulff - 10-25-2024, 12:04 PM