The calm before the storm.
None
Rian chuckled at Ely's remark about the potential scandal of them being seen holding hands, the levity helping to ease the tension in the room. Well, we'll just have to keep our scandalous hand-holding to ourselves then, he replied with a grin. No need to give the gossips more fuel for their fires.

He listened as she called him out for never taking sick leave, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. You’re right. I suppose I’m not the best example of taking it easy when I'm under the weather, he admitted. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take the chance to rest when you need it.

Her comment about his recent condition made him pause, the weight of his new reality settling over him again. He appreciated that she was concerned, even if she was the one who was supposed to be resting. I'm getting there, he said, his tone more serious. Still figuring things out, but it's getting easier to manage, bit by bit.

When Ely mentioned her worries, Rian's expression softened. He could hear the uncertainty in her voice, and it tugged at him. The thought of her feeling lost, without a place or purpose, didn't sit well with him.

You know, Ely, you're needed here more than you think, he said gently. Not just because of what you do, but because of who you are. You’ve got more people who care about you than you realize, myself included. So even when things settle down, there will always be a place for you here. I promise you that.

He reached out, his hand hovering for a moment before resting gently on her arm. It wasn’t quite the scandalous hand-holding she joked about, but it was a small gesture of comfort, one that showed he was there for her, no matter what.

And if you ever feel like you’re losing your way, just know you don’t have to face it alone. We’re in this together, okay?

He offered her a reassuring smile, hoping to ease some of the worries she was carrying, even if she didn’t share them all with him. Rian knew there was more she wasn’t saying, but he wasn’t about to press her for it. He’d wait, and be there when she was ready.

@Aelynthi Loraronna

Messages In This Thread
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 04-09-2024, 10:14 AM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 06-13-2024, 12:13 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 06-26-2024, 02:36 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 08-17-2024, 01:53 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 08-22-2024, 05:23 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 09-01-2024, 06:40 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 10-14-2024, 01:39 PM