Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming
Parental Death, Grief
The advice to be straight with Nairn made the boy shrug hopelessly. "I tried. He told me not to beg." But Colt was still right. Maybe trying with less tears would help. Tears made Nairn uncomfortable, but sometimes they couldn't be helped. In any case, wouldn't know till he tried.

Soon enough they were on their feet, and Haulean was nodding to Colt's comments about his future potential, but he wasn't wholly invested in that part of the conversation right now. His brain was all full of worry. Though he'd very much like to learn the trade from Colt. he'd taught him plenty of other things, and this was something special. Especially cos, as far as the wee blonde was concerned, Colt was the best.

Then came Haulean's confession... and all light seemed to die out of Colt's expression. Dread chilled his own belly like ice, and the boy started to shake, wondering just how mad Colt was going to be with him... he couldn't bear losing his friend because he'd been stupid.

Haulean's stormy-hued eyes began to well up with fresh tears, and he choked down a gulp at Colt's questions. Much as he wanted to retract his confession and play it off, he never could tell so much as a mild fib to Colt. "I... b-because... he was talkin' about sendin' me away for good, no matter what I said. So... I told him... if he was gonna do that, he may as well kill me. Cos I'd die anyway, bein' all alone. But it's true, Colt... I would die. Inside, and then... then the rest of me. My heart would break too bad to be fixed."

@[Colton Young]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming - by Haulean Oruven - 08-31-2024, 06:35 PM