The calm before the storm.
None
Rian smiled at Ely's sharp wit, a chuckle escaping him despite the underlying seriousness of their conversation. You should tell them that. It might save us both a lot of headaches, he teased, though the warmth in his eyes showed how much he appreciated her standing by him, even in the face of rumors.

When she laid out her compromise to rest for a few days, Rian nodded approvingly. Good, that’s a start. Just promise me you won’t push yourself too hard when you’re back on your feet, alright? I know you’re tough, but even the strongest of us need to take it easy sometimes.

He felt a pang of disappointment when she mentioned the lack of new findings in her research, but he quickly brushed it aside, not wanting her to feel bad about it. You’ve already done more than enough, Ely. The potion has made a difference, and I’m grateful for that. I didn’t expect you to find all the answers overnight. This is something we’ll figure out over time.

As she voiced her concerns about the future, Rian’s expression softened, understanding the fear of uncertainty that she was hinting at. He knew she was trying to protect herself, to keep her expectations low in case things went wrong. It was a feeling he knew all too well.

I get it, Ely. Life is messy and unpredictable, and things don’t always turn out the way we want them to, he said, his tone gentle. But that doesn’t mean we have to face it all alone. I’m not saying everything will be perfect, but I’m willing to face whatever comes our way together. And if things do go wrong, we’ll deal with it. That’s what friends do, right?

@Aelynthi Loraronna

Messages In This Thread
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 04-09-2024, 10:14 AM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 06-13-2024, 12:13 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 06-26-2024, 02:36 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 08-17-2024, 01:53 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 08-22-2024, 05:23 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 09-01-2024, 06:40 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 10-14-2024, 01:39 PM