Goodbye, my almost lover
None
Zevran couldn’t help but laugh at Maika’s remark about their proclivity for distraction. It was a light, genuine sound, one that cut through the heaviness of the moment and reminded him of why he’d fallen for her in the first place. Her wit, her resilience, the way she faced the world with a smile even when things were darkest—it was all a part of who she was, and he loved her for it.

Ah, yes, our delightful distractions, he teased, his tone light but filled with affection. I wouldn’t change a thing, Maika. Every moment we’ve had together has been worth it, even if it means facing what comes next. And for the record, I completely agree—the trouble was worth it. He grinned, the playfulness in his eyes returning as he gently tapped her nose.

The mention of the name Adrian brought a nod of approval from Zevran. Adrian is a fine name, regal and strong. It suits the child of someone as remarkable as you, my love. Whether it’s Arissa or Adrian, I know they’ll grow up to be someone special—someone who carries the best of both of us. He spoke with a certainty that belied the uncertainty of their situation, as if willing their child’s future into something bright and full of promise.

Her quiet acknowledgment of the challenges ahead, of the difficult road she’d have to walk to keep their child safe, sobered him again. Zevran knew better than anyone how relentless the Crows could be, how difficult it was to escape their shadow. But he also knew that if anyone could do it, it was Maika.

I’ll do what I can from the shadows, as always, he assured her, his voice dropping to a soft murmur. We’ve both been on the other side of this game, and we know how it’s played. Just remember, you’re not alone in this. Even if you can’t see me, I’ll be there, watching over you both.

@Maika Arainai

Messages In This Thread
Goodbye, my almost lover - by Maika Arainai - 08-16-2024, 04:09 PM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Zevran Arainai - 08-17-2024, 01:58 PM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Maika Arainai - 08-21-2024, 03:18 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Zevran Arainai - 08-21-2024, 07:53 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Maika Arainai - 09-01-2024, 11:51 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Zevran Arainai - 09-03-2024, 09:21 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Maika Arainai - 10-12-2024, 03:08 AM
RE: Goodbye, my almost lover - by Zevran Arainai - 10-14-2024, 01:21 PM