Lunch Dates and Dress Shopping
None
Ah, yes. He'd almost forgotten. Ophelia was a novice, so to speak, where it came to magic. Yet another intriguing thing about her. In Tevinter, those without magical ability were all but invisible to society. Those with middling skills fared better, but not by much. So then, why had dear Mal taken such an avid interest in her? He was something of an outsider himself, yes, but having done so well for himself in spite of the circumstances of his birth... it was interesting that he'd connect himself to someone who, on the surface at least, seemed of no use in Tevinter society.

But as she spoke, Enzo found it had to let his mind wander in such ways. The light in her eyes and the way she moved as she spoke made her enthusiasm contagious. Enzo leaned back in his chair, sandwich forgotten on the plate, and smiled as he listened. He knew nothing about cross pollination or nematodes, but that mattered very little. If he had instructors with half her passion when he was in school, he might have studied more.

His eyebrows raised at her shift to the medical lectures she'd attended and her desire to work with poisons. A dangerous field, but he supposed it related quite a bit with her interest in plants. Most poisons he knew of came from plants, after all. "I'll remember to stay on your good side." he said with a chuckle before eating the last bite of his sandwich and claiming another from the tray. "You remember Tiberius, from the ball? He has an incredible garden full of all sorts of poisonous plants. Should you have a particular poison in mind to study, I'm sure he could assist you in procuring what would be needed."

Taking another sip of tea, Enzo smiled at Ophelia. "You know, I can see why he guards you so well. Too many of our highest and greatest see themselves as too noble for such... mundane pursuits. You've a rare mind, Madam Jolfy. That's certainly worth protecting."

A musical chime sounded the hour from the clock in the nearby square. Enzo glanced that way, and then up at the sky. My, how the time flew. "I couldn't show my face in polite society if I made you late to your appointment, my dear." he said, straightening up and signaling a waiter. When they came by, he bid them put the bill on his tab, leaving Ophelia no time to protest, and then stood, offering her his arm. "Shall we?"

Messages In This Thread
Lunch Dates and Dress Shopping - by Ophelia Jolfy - 07-13-2024, 06:29 PM
RE: Lunch Dates and Dress Shopping - by Enzo Pavus - 10-04-2024, 08:44 PM