Per aspera ad astra
definite fighting going to happen with a demon
Gabe let out a long, low whistle, gingerly patting his side where the pain had dulled from blinding agony to a mere ache. His fingers brushed over the newly healed skin, eyes widening slightly in surprise at Jareth’s skill.

Bloody hell, he muttered, his voice tinged with grudging admiration. Didn’t think I’d live to see magic used for something that wasn’t ripping things apart. A miracle, indeed.

He flicked the last bit of ash from his cigarette, tucking it between his lips for one final drag. The smoke curled lazily around him, filling the air with a familiar, bitter scent. He looked at Jareth with a wry grin, though his usual bravado was still tempered by exhaustion.

Guess I owe you one, Gabe said, his tone light, though a hint of sincerity lingered in his words. Not something I’m used to saying, mind you, but I’m not one to spit in the face of survival.

He straightened with a grunt, rolling his shoulder as if testing the work Jareth had done, and allowed himself a slight chuckle. Still, bit risky coming out here, don’t you think? A man in your position, one would assume you’ve got better things to do than patch up foolish bastards like me who’ve got more guts than sense.

Gabe took another drag of his smoke, eyeing Jareth sidelong. But since you’re here… how about you join me for a little fun? That demon in there’s not gonna take care of itself. And now that I’m in one piece again, I’d say it’s time we finish what I started.

He tilted his head toward the dark, looming estate, his eyes glittering with a fierce spark of determination. You didn’t think I’d be satisfied just walking away, did you? Not after all the trouble it’s caused. Gabe’s smirk was back, his voice dropping to a low murmur as he extended a hand toward Jareth. So, what do you say? Fancy getting your hands a little dirty? Could be fun for a mage of your caliber. Or we can just sit here, swap pleasantries, and pretend none of this ever happened.

Gabe’s eyes bore into Jareth’s, a challenge sparking in their depths, daring him to step up and join the fight.

@Jareth

Messages In This Thread
Per aspera ad astra - by Gabriel Poulin - 09-10-2024, 12:00 PM
RE: Per aspera ad astra - by Jareth - 09-12-2024, 02:36 AM
RE: Per aspera ad astra - by Gabriel Poulin - 09-28-2024, 12:27 PM
RE: Per aspera ad astra - by Jareth - 10-04-2024, 02:49 PM
RE: Per aspera ad astra - by Gabriel Poulin - 10-07-2024, 06:38 AM
RE: Per aspera ad astra - by Jareth - 10-13-2024, 07:31 PM
RE: Per aspera ad astra - by Gabriel Poulin - 10-14-2024, 01:34 PM