Crude Summoning
None
Unease coiled in his stomach like a tightening noose, a visceral reminder of just how out of place he felt. The noise—laughter, shouts, the clattering of glasses—washed over him in waves, drowning out his thoughts and making his heart race with each clamor. Jareth's gaze darted to the barkeep, Thank you, he said with a genuine smile before snapping back to Ailwin. His grin dropped to pursing lips. He knew better than to trust a stranger, but the promise of answers gnawed at him like an itch he couldn't scratch.

He eyed the dark amber liquid before him, the drink shimmering in the dim light. Strong drinks had never been his style, but the rich scent of the liquor mingling with the stale air of the tavern tempted him. Maybe just a taste to dull the senses a bit- he thought. He took a deep breath, raised the glass slightly, and examined how the light caught its surface. And yet, he set it down again, making it clear that he had no intention of indulging.

Not yet, anyhow…

Leaning back in his seat, he let the tension in his shoulders ease ever so slightly. Charming, yes. So tell me, stranger, how do I know what you’ve got is worth my time? he quipped, his voice dripping with skepticism. Because right now, it’s looking a lot like you’re just playing a game. He replied, his expression resolute. Clearly, he won't be so easily swayed.

Jareth leaned forward, locking eyes with the man.

Magic surged from the mage, causing his eyes to glow briefly with the same intensity as a dragon's fire. And I’m not much of a gambler to put my life on play. A terrifying calm smile rested on his face as he waited for this—shadow, to reply.

Messages In This Thread
Crude Summoning - by Jareth - 09-11-2024, 12:22 PM
RE: Crude Summoning - by Ailwin - 09-26-2024, 04:27 PM
RE: Crude Summoning - by Jareth - 10-01-2024, 09:26 AM
RE: Crude Summoning - by Ailwin - 10-07-2024, 05:43 AM
RE: Crude Summoning - by Jareth - 10-12-2024, 07:09 PM
RE: Crude Summoning - by Ailwin - 10-14-2024, 01:19 PM