time stops for no one
None
Loghain listened closely to Rosalie’s plans, his expression softened slightly by her thoughtfulness and foresight. He admired her pragmatism, her willingness to face such grim possibilities head-on rather than ignoring them. It was rare to find such a quality in someone so young, and he respected her all the more for it.

Good. It sounds like you’re as prepared as anyone can be for a situation as precarious as this, he replied, nodding approvingly. If the time does come for you to flee, remember you have allies who’ll do everything in their power to ensure you reach safety. And don’t hesitate—hesitation is deadly in times like these.

He paused, considering her question, his gaze hardening with the resolve that had carried him through countless battles. As for me, well… I’m here to assess how dire the situation really is, to see what measures are actually being put in place. There’s too much at stake to leave it to chance or trust half-heard rumors. If it’s as bad as I fear, my role will be to help strategize Orlais’ defenses. We’ve no choice but to hold the line if the darkspawn threaten another march across Thedas.

Loghain leaned back, taking a deep breath, as if preparing for battle all over again. But beyond that, I’m here to make sure our people don’t get caught in Orlais’ mess. You and Cullen, Maeve and her son… all of you have a place in Ferelden, far from the political games and constant turmoil of this place. And if I have any say in it, that’s exactly where you’ll stay.

He lifted his gaze to meet hers, the steel in his eyes tempered by a faint hint of something gentler. I know the work you’re doing here matters to you. But I came to remind you that sometimes survival—of yourself, of the people who need you—matters more. Don’t let Orlais draw you into a sacrifice that’s not yours to make.

He softened, almost imperceptibly, offering her a rare look of encouragement. You’ve made us all proud, Rosalie. Don’t forget that. And if you need anything—anything at all—you know where to find me.

@Rosalie Rutherford

Messages In This Thread
time stops for no one - by Loghain Mac Tir - 06-25-2024, 02:48 PM
RE: time stops for no one - by Rosalie Rutherford - 08-16-2024, 05:53 AM
RE: time stops for no one - by Loghain Mac Tir - 08-17-2024, 01:43 PM
RE: time stops for no one - by Rosalie Rutherford - 08-20-2024, 03:18 PM
RE: time stops for no one - by Loghain Mac Tir - 08-22-2024, 05:16 PM
RE: time stops for no one - by Maika Arainai - 10-12-2024, 07:40 AM
RE: time stops for no one - by Loghain Mac Tir - 10-14-2024, 12:49 PM