And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars.
None
Rian took a steadying breath, letting Ely’s words settle over him like a balm. Her playful request for a teal coat and subtle attempt to guard him with advice both touched him deeply; there was a quiet strength in her humor, a way of showing she cared without saying it outright. He didn’t miss the shift in her expression, the softness in her eyes when she spoke of him being the one who truly believed in her. For all of her guarded nature, there was a vulnerability there—one he felt privileged to glimpse.

Teal coat, got it. I’ll have to remember that, he said with a faint smile, matching her lightness but with a note of sincerity beneath it. But don’t think that promise is off the table; if you ever need it, it’s yours, no matter how big or small.

He was quiet for a moment, absorbing her warning about blind affection. It was a gentle reminder of something he already knew: that trust could be a fragile, dangerous thing. But he felt, more than ever, that Ely wasn’t someone he needed to guard himself against. She’d been by his side in more ways than he could count, and he couldn’t imagine walking away, even if it meant risking the pain of losing her trust someday.

Ely, I know what you’re saying. But I think we both know that trust like this… it doesn’t come around often, he said softly. And if it’s a mistake to trust you, it’s one I’ll gladly make.

His expression softened into a smile as he chuckled at her complaint about winters. Well, there are worse things than getting through winter here together, he teased. And if you decide to brave another Ferelden freeze, you can count on me to be there, teal coat and all. After all, we’ve got a lifetime of bad winters to complain about, right?

Rian held her gaze, the weight of everything they’d said binding them together in a way that felt almost tangible. Whatever might happen with this beast inside him, with his uncertain future, he knew that he wouldn’t face it alone—and that made the path ahead feel just a bit brighter.

Well, I should be getting back to it I suppose. He didn’t want to, but there was work to do, and he couldn’t step away from it indefinitely.

@Aelynthi Loraronna

Messages In This Thread
RE: And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars. - by Rian Bradigan - 10-14-2024, 12:59 PM