Seriously
None
Madeline’s gaze hardened at Ely’s words, the dismissive tone like a slap to her face. Ely’s apparent indifference stirred a flicker of anger beneath the surface, though she quickly quelled it. She reminded herself that she had come here seeking clarity, not to allow herself to be drawn into bitterness.

Waiting for the axe, Madeline repeated, her voice level but carrying a sharpness that hinted at her frustration. Is that all you’ve got to say, Ely? That you got ‘soft’ and decided to come clean? She leaned closer, her eyes boring into Ely’s. I need to know why you even agreed to it in the first place. What did Elgar’nan promise you? What made you willing to betray everything you claimed to stand for?

Madeline studied her, silent for a moment, searching Ely’s face for some glimmer of sincerity. She needed to see something, anything, that told her Ely regretted more than just the consequence of her actions.

I trusted you, Ely, Madeline said quietly, her voice laced with a sadness Ely hadn’t expected. Even now, after everything, I want to believe there’s something in you that regrets what you’ve done beyond self-preservation. She straightened, hands clasped tightly behind her back. But if you don’t care—if you truly feel nothing for what you put us through—then maybe you’re right, and there’s nothing left for me to do here.

@Aelynthi Loraronna

Messages In This Thread
Seriously - by Madeline Wulff - 09-01-2024, 06:33 PM
RE: Seriously - by Aelynthi Loraronna - 10-11-2024, 04:39 PM
RE: Seriously - by Madeline Wulff - 10-14-2024, 01:37 PM