The calm before the storm.
None
Rian couldn’t hide his grin at Ely's teasing, amused by the way she joked about his supposed “army of fans.” Her half-muttered suggestion to just pick one and be done with it sounded playfully exasperated, and—though he probably shouldn’t read too much into it—he caught a hint of jealousy beneath her tone.

If I settle it, that only leaves more time for them to try and win you over instead, he shot back, his smile widening. Or maybe I’ll just let them keep guessing. Besides, what would I do with a whole crowd of admirers? One stubborn friend is already keeping me busy enough.

He took a breath, his expression shifting to something more serious as she brought up his condition. Her question hung in the air, both practical and deeply personal. It reminded him of how much he appreciated Ely’s straightforwardness; she wasn’t afraid to confront the hard questions. Honestly? I don’t know, he admitted, his voice lower. I can feel it, especially when the moon’s full…like it’s just waiting to get loose. But so far, I’ve managed to hold it back, even if it’s hard. I keep hoping that, with time, I’ll learn to control it completely.

He glanced at her, grateful for the concern he saw there. He’d never really shared these fears with anyone else, but with Ely, he didn’t feel the need to put on a brave face.

When she softly commented about not taking good things for granted, followed by that unexpected “handsome,” his expression warmed. He couldn’t resist teasing her, just a little. ‘Handsome,’ huh? You sure that fever isn’t making you delirious? he quipped, though there was a genuine fondness behind his words.

Settling back in his chair, he softened, looking at her with steady sincerity. And you’re right—nothing good should be taken for granted. That’s why I’m here, stubbornly making sure you know I’m not going anywhere anytime soon. So, whatever comes next, we’ll face it together. Promise.

@Aelynthi Loraronna

Messages In This Thread
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 04-09-2024, 10:14 AM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 06-13-2024, 12:13 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 06-26-2024, 02:36 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 08-17-2024, 01:53 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 08-22-2024, 05:23 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 09-01-2024, 06:40 PM
RE: The calm before the storm. - by Rian Bradigan - 10-14-2024, 01:39 PM