Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming
Parental Death, Grief
Haulean didn't necessarily think telling Nairn how things were gonna be would work... he was the boss... and now his father, so... even more of the boss. But. He could try.

Meanwhile, more pressingly, the subject of his reckless threat was at hand, and Cole... after a sigh, seemed a bit less mad. And yes, it probably was a knee-jerk reaction, but that didn't make it any less final if Nairn didn't get his head out of his rump. "He's done stupider stuff on a knee-jerk." he mumbled. Whether or not those stupid things were fixed after the fact was not the current point.

Anyway Haulean hugged himself since he didn't think Colt would currently let him hug him. "Don't think it was random... just figure he wants me as far away from him as possible. An' he hasn't been back to say he's changed his mind. An' if he really took my feelings, he'd just let me stay and pretend like none of this happened."

He knew it was impossible to do, but he would have tried, if Nairn had wanted it. He could try to pretend he wasn't Nairn's. He'd have done just about anything to make things right.

The knock near made Haulean jump out of his skin. What if it was Nairn, come to make him leave? Or... someone else to do it for him? Even as the voice spoke, the little bunny ducked behind Colt and clutched at his shirt, quaking with nerves. He knew Nairn had sent the person on the other side of the door, because... nobody else knew his last name. Only Nairn knew, and only since they'd ready his mother's letters.

Despite Colt inviting the man in, and calling him Ruth -whom had been a topic of discussion just a bit ago, he huddled behind the taller male. "M'not going... please don't let him take me away, Colt... please?"

@Meg

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming - by Haulean Oruven - 10-15-2024, 10:31 AM