Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming
Parental Death, Grief
Colt glanced down at Haulean, who was trembling like a leaf, clinging to his shirt as if his life depended on it. He let out a long, measured sigh before speaking, his tone softer than usual but still firm.

You got to admit it though, kid, he started, a small, wry smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. He’s freaking out. Any sane man would be. But you’ve got to give him time to come around, alright?

The door creaked open, and Ruth stepped in, his lanky figure silhouetted against the hallway light. He raised an eyebrow, taking in the scene—Haulean’s anxious, wide-eyed stare, and Colt, looking half-exasperated, half-concerned.

As Haulean continued to clutch at him, Colt gently peeled his hands away, turning him around so he could face the door. Look, he’s not sendin’ you off. It’s just the healer I was tellin’ you about. Ruth ain't here to drag you out by your ears, alright?

Well, unless he’s into that, Ruth drawled, a smirk playing on his lips.

Colt shot him a threatening look. Save the commentary, alright?

Ruth chuckled, stepping further into the room and closing the door behind him. His expression softened as he looked at Haulean, the sarcasm fading to something a bit more genuine. Look, kid, I’m not here to take you away. Your father’s just... well, he’s an idiot. Bit of a stubborn one, at that. But I’m not about to haul you off anywhere, alright? I’m here to pick you up for a chat is all.

If Haulean didn’t seem entirely convinced, Ruth would sigh, leaning against the doorframe. You got a raw deal, sure. But Nairn doesn’t just toss people aside, even when he’s being pigheaded. So relax. Ain’t nobody draggin' you anywhere unless you want to go.

Colt gave Haulean a reassuring nudge. See?He know’s your Da better than I. Might be he’s the one to ask the deeper questions

@Haulean Oruven

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming - by Colton Young - 10-18-2024, 02:06 PM