A perfect pizza
None
Mara listened to Madeline’s suggestions, at the same time going through her mind what can be done for the refugees.

“Empty Warehouses could be easy enough,” Mara said. “There’s one down near the alienage that hadn’t gotten the opportunity to utilize. Not the most ideal, but it’s a start. The Chantry could provide some shelter as well, and I could persuade some of the nobles to allow the refugees to take shelter in their halls, though that may not be easy. I could even allow some refugees into my estate as well. There’s plenty of room.”

Having lived with only advisors and her staff for so long, Mara had found she had a lot of extra room in the estate, and not much of it is being utilised. Perhaps it wouldn’t be the most ideal place to permanently have refugees settle, but for the time being they will have shelter.

“Setting up refugee camps is something to look into. Not only for the refugees to have somewhere to live for the time being, but also employment opportunities. Some can be paid to build the shelters, those who can fight can guard the camps. Those proficient with a bow can be taught to hunt for food as well in the nearby forests. As for other employment opportunities, I know of a few practices looking for apprentices- blacksmiths, shoemakers, jewelers, and with the current situation at hand, having a few extra soldiers in Denerim’s Army could prove to be helpful in the long run.”

She thought of the potential uproar the Orlesian refugees would cause among the people of Denerim. “I have some advisors who could help keep morale up and prevent the outrage the crisis may call for. I will even speak to the people myself to ensure there is no rioting or violence targeted towards the refugees. I know all too well what it is like to be sneered just for existing.”

Madeline’s words were surprisingly uplifting, and she had a point. The leaders of Ferelden needed to unite and decide unanimously on what the future for the refugees hold. But she had her doubts and worries. She hadn’t been the most popular arl in Ferelden. Not only for her elven heritage, but having a more radical political viewpoint and heavy reforms in the city.

“Your confidence is reassuring, my lady,” Mara said with a small smile. “It makes me almost confident that the rest of the arls and teyrns of Ferelden won’t look at me as if I were a dead cat.” She chuckled, though more of a sad chuckle than a funny one.

@Madeline Wulff

Messages In This Thread
A perfect pizza - by Madeline Wulff - 08-21-2024, 07:48 AM
RE: A perfect pizza - by Mara Tabris - 08-21-2024, 02:39 PM
RE: A perfect pizza - by Madeline Wulff - 08-22-2024, 05:20 PM
RE: A perfect pizza - by Mara Tabris - 09-13-2024, 01:38 PM
RE: A perfect pizza - by Madeline Wulff - 10-01-2024, 08:26 AM
RE: A perfect pizza - by Mara Tabris - 10-21-2024, 10:59 AM
RE: A perfect pizza - by Madeline Wulff - 10-25-2024, 12:04 PM