Vessel Organisation: The Forgotten Ones
The Forgotten Ones are notorious, rebelling slaves from the era of the Evanuris. They were the rebels who held the most power within the rebellion. These Elvhen would have worked alongside Fen'Harel to free the Elvhen slaves from the Evanuris' grasp. We come to this conclusion from various codex entries regarding them, which is all that the wiki has provided us. So staff has taken the liberty to fill in the blank and create our own onsite lore regarding the Forgotten Ones.

“There are no gods. There is only the subject and the object, the actor and the acted upon. Those with will to earn dominance over others gain title not by nature but by deed. I am Geldauran and I refuse those who would exert will upon me. Let Andruil's bow crack, let June's fire grow cold. Let them build temples and lure the faithful with promises. Their pride will consume them, and I, forgotten, will claim power of my own, apart from them until I strike in mastery."

This is just one example of a codex entry that tells us: the Forgotten Ones did not subscribe to the Evanuris worship, they were not part of the craze. Geldauran wants revenge on the Evanuris for their treatment of the Elvhen slaves, and perhaps even himself. Fen'Harel, being the "Rebel God" who went between the Evanuris and the Forgotten Ones, indicates that he had a relationship that is not talked about with the Forgotten Ones. If they were ex-slaves, who had left the Evanuris' temples and cities, this would make sense—essentially, they would be in exile from the rest of society.

Even the Forgotten Ones name as a group, implies that they were forgotten by society, and slaves were often forgotten—never to stand out amongst the rest, they are thought of to be nothing within the societal structure they had abandoned. It's theorized that the Forgotten Ones used this group title to indicate that they stood for all of the slaves, those who blend into the rest and are forgotten due to their position in the hierarchy. Perhaps the Evanuris had a hand in naming the group—afraid that if the Forgotten Ones were able to reach all of the Elvhen people, that they (the Evanuris) would have nobody left to worship them.

Index:

Messages In This Thread
Vessel Organisation: The Forgotten Ones - by Ivy - 04-26-2023, 09:54 AM