relaxing rain
Charlotte gave as reassuring a smile as she could. I know, I could hardly believe it myself. It had been a bit of time now and she was still trying to come to terms with the whole matter. But this was always the worst part, in her mind. The reintroductions. The explanations. Trying to convince people this wasn't some horrific blood magic ritual that had been performed. But also trying to ensure only select people knew, so it could be retained as a secret a while longer.

Till it was confirmed she and Vivienne would be safe. Whenever that might be.

When it was clear Jareth would come with her, she lead him at a moderate clip back toward her room. Rummaging in a trunk near the foot of her bed, she produced a couple rags. She tossed one at him, not bothering to look and see if he was paying attention to catch it or not - or if he was even the last place she'd seen him from the corner of her eye.

Slowly, she began to towel herself off. Exposed skin first, then her hair. Finally, she let out a slow breath and looked to Jareth.

Have you met Akibrus yet? As if that would somehow explain everything. After giving enough pause for her friend to answer, she continued. I was... not entirely gone when I was found. But my body, my... old body was far beyond what any healers could salvage. It still hurt to talk about it. Because she remembered it. Before it all went black.

I'm told he was able to capture my spirit, my... essence within an amulet. She gestured toward the one about her neck, even if it wasn't a match for the one she referred to. This merely kept her free of a spirit - or demon - companion. Like this one. I remember the blood, the pain, collapsing as things faded in and out around me. But I don't remember much after that. It was all black, but... darker somehow. I'm... not sure how to explain it. Until one day I woke up. Could see again.

She set her rag down on top of the trunk and moved to perch on the ledge of the window. I thought they'd found a way to heal me, but... a tranquil had lost her mind. It broke when the Veil came down and she was naught but a husk. A shell that could do little, and so I was given an opportunity few others are allowed after you're supposed to... well, die. .

Messages In This Thread
relaxing rain - by Charlotte - 09-19-2023, 10:25 AM
RE: relaxing rain - by Jareth - 09-23-2023, 02:09 AM
RE: relaxing rain - by Charlotte - 09-23-2023, 07:43 PM
RE: relaxing rain - by Jareth - 09-25-2023, 09:07 AM
RE: relaxing rain - by Charlotte - 10-26-2023, 04:06 PM
RE: relaxing rain - by Jareth - 10-28-2023, 06:16 AM
RE: relaxing rain - by Charlotte - 11-21-2023, 05:38 PM
RE: relaxing rain - by Jareth - 12-04-2023, 01:59 AM
RE: relaxing rain - by Charlotte - 03-31-2024, 10:42 PM
RE: relaxing rain - by Jareth - 04-02-2024, 11:38 AM
RE: relaxing rain - by Charlotte - 05-29-2024, 08:10 PM