The World We Used To Know
Peace and kindness were one thing, but they mattered little in times of war. Thanks to Elgar'nan and the greed  of the Evanuris and Forgotten One's alike, fighting had been a large part of what he had known in his later years. He would not blame another for wanting peace, he would have gladly taken it had it been an option. But like then, just as it was now, he could already see how things might happen if certain people took drastic action. Countless battles once more, to try to take control and rule a world in which the People were no longer in charge. If others regained their bodies and sought such things again, well it would not be pretty, and minimizing that risk by teaching others what such magic in the world could do for them? One step of many. Of course, the rest meant fighting, but that was his task more than that of any strangers. A battlefield, no matter where, was a place he'd long since become accustomed to. A pity some might say, a sign of the corruption of how easily even the greatest of mages could fall he would claim. 

[color=#008e02]"If you see some fondly then I would not dare to refute that. Your experience with such an organisation I suspect, is far greater than my own. Nor do I think many in the Chantry would appreciate my views, or believe what I may tell them."[/color]

It was for that reason and many others, that he'd kept his mouth damn well shut on the matter. Had avoided such places as if there were a plague upon his people. It was bad enough the Dalish thought such mages like Mythal to be gods, let alone another religion and angry humans about their so called Maker on top of that. A fight best avoided, he had other things to deal with then the belief of those who he passed by at the moment. Still as he listened, her reasoning made sense, as did her line of questioning towards him. It was to be expected, the question at the heart of it all was, just how much would he share with a human he barely knew? 

[color=#aaaaaa]You are going to trust such a human?[/color]

[color=#008e02]Trust? You think me a naive child now June? No, I shall not trust her, but leading her on a wild chase when I can provide such answers would be equally foolish.[/color]

[color=#aaaaaa]On your head be the consequences then, if she harms the People it shall be your doing.[/color]

[color=#008e02]So it shall. [/color]

Words that flowed between the two as Bethany asked about his background, the elvhen stood, moving to the furthermost wall of the courtyard to place a hand upon it, a spell cast. Pulled from the air like breathing in deeply, a ward, an extra layer of security against those who might pry. Spreading out to cover the space and likely washing over the human as well, a taste of his own magic in the air. Though he only spoke after he had taken a seat before her once more. 

[color=#008e02]"You primarily know the world as it was before, with the veil raised yes? While I have experienced such a time, it is not normal, the world yourself and people around you are currently struggling with - is the natural state of things. It is all I have ever known. Magic to me is like breathing, I do not need to think to call a flame to my hand, it simply is," [/color]A proof of point, a flame dancing along his hand like a curious small creature, almost bird like before vanishing. Not like smoke, but as if it never existed, a tendril of power unfurled then simply sent away as if upon a breeze. [color=#008e02]"I have such a background, because I am far older than those you may know as elves. I awoke six months ago from uthenera, what my people would call the eternal sleep, and have been travelling ever since."[/color]

He settled his hands within his lap, sat there quietly, waited for her to take such information in. Likely a fair bit to process before continuing on to the point she had begun before, he supposed it did not matter now. Few delved into the backgrounds of the elves walking Thedas, and it was better to speak it himself, then have anyone assume any facts about him without his consent. He couldn't allow that.

[color=#008e02]"Now that you know as such, is there anything pressing you would like to ask before I focus on your previous query regarding magic and the spirits that live within this world?"[/color]

Messages In This Thread
The World We Used To Know - by Revas - 11-22-2023, 08:54 PM
RE: The World We Used To Know - by Bethany Hawke - 11-26-2023, 01:18 AM
RE: The World We Used To Know - by Revas - 11-26-2023, 05:34 PM
RE: The World We Used To Know - by Bethany Hawke - 11-27-2023, 02:00 AM
RE: The World We Used To Know - by Revas - 11-28-2023, 12:48 AM
RE: The World We Used To Know - by Bethany Hawke - 11-28-2023, 02:02 AM
RE: The World We Used To Know - by Revas - 11-28-2023, 02:34 AM
RE: The World We Used To Know - by Bethany Hawke - 11-29-2023, 02:56 AM
RE: The World We Used To Know - by Revas - 11-29-2023, 07:15 PM
RE: The World We Used To Know - by Bethany Hawke - 12-03-2023, 02:21 AM
RE: The World We Used To Know - by Revas - 12-03-2023, 08:52 PM