[+MATURE Grapefruit]The Day the World Ends
Suicidal thoughts are included in this thread.
Ella watched her wife on stage; pondering the statement '...with my assignment'. She knew Kaczor meant the imprisonment; which meant she'd known she was being reported. She'd orchestrated it? She'd said as much; how she forgave Ella as soon as she knew it was she who had turned her in. Why would you forgive someone, if they betrayed you — the question had been eating away at Ella's thoughts for days.

Now she understood.

She was silent, as her wife spoke on the torture tactics used. It'd seem they had not introduced Kaczor to the nicer methods; where one is tormented and then a kinder person is sent in to soothe their ills. It was a harsher punishment, in Ella's experience. It gave people hope.

She'd turned to leave, when the speech was ending. She'd bring up the more pleasant types of tortures later. At another meeting. If she decided to attend again. There was a sour taste in her mouth; despite the fact she should be pleased, the re-education had not taken.

Her wife had not changed. But she had; she'd become harsher, quicker to anger, quick to act on her emotions. And... whatever the fuck that stunt earlier had been, left a gut-wrenching feeling at her core.

She was grabbed, and stopped walking but did not turn to face her. You would never have been happy just being a wife. She murmured, staring at the door. She knew people were watching; expecting a happy couple only to find a pair rife with anger and upset. One refusing to acknowledge the other, one desperate to keep the other there with them.

Fine, you can come home. Tonight. I'll take a guest room. Because she didn't want to deal with Annie, in case she had a restless night. She wanted more alcohol; hell, she might even want a line of something more illegal. It wasn't often she imbibed; though her alcohol tolerance had risen during her wife's absence, but that's not something she's acknowledging at the moment.

I'm not here for you. I'm here for me. She murmured, pulling free of her wife's grasp. And I'm not sure that you're here for me, either. We were better when we were just each other's assignments, right? That's what I was, at first?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [+MATURE Grapefruit]The Day the World Ends - by Novella Tilani - 04-28-2024, 08:41 PM