Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming
Parental Death, Grief
Nobody seemed to know what to do with their broken ball of sunshine. He usually bounced back from just about anything, in record time, and was there with a smile for anyone that needed it. Him being like this was downright unnerving for those that had known him long enough. Many had tried to get him to roll out of bed, or even to talk, since this whole nightmare began, but Haulean had remained an unmoving lump in the bed, other than to see to basic bodily needs. And yet, all it took from Colt was open arms, and a verbal invitation, and the tiny youth was clumsily clamoring out from under his pile of blankets.

Legs did not seem to want to support the petite blonde -no wonder, as he'd been refusing food and drink- so he had to utilize his hands and knees, and shook with the effort. Soon enough, Haulean crawled into Colt's lap and slipped his arms about his middle, burying his face against his neck. This was what he needed, more than anything.

"He doesn't w-want me anymore, C-Colt..." the boy whispered, brokenly, and his whole little body shook with the tears. "Not n-now that... n-now that he's m-my..." Haulean gulped and clung all the tighter. "I was r-right. About... th-the thing. It's h-him. And now he d-doesn't w-want me!"

Even now, Haulean was trying to be careful, because of Nairn's words about there being danger here. But Colt was the one person in whom Haulean had ever confided about 'the thing'; his suspicion (and maybe mingled hope/fear) about his father's identity. So now... in a way, he was losing both parents. After all, even without knowing for sure that there was a blood connection, Nairn had still basically raised him.

"P-please don't let him s-send me away..."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming - by Haulean Oruven - 05-05-2024, 02:00 PM