A Gentle Rapping, Rapping At My Cottage Door
DOTH so, Blood, Drugs, Alcohol, Language, Hints of Sexuality, Violence, Only One Bed, Angst, Longing, Mistaken Attraction as Dislike, Epic Sass
It had been some months since they had crossed paths. He’d been through the wringer since then. Outwardly he maintained a slowly slipping facade that he was taking it all in his stride, he was coasting everything that had been turned upside down in the past few months. The loss of his eye being a simple good samaritan. Nairn, appearing out of the woodwork, but not just him, his estranged Father and the entire clan. He’d finally grown comfortable to start settling into Megara’s only to have Nairn blow it up, he barely returned to Nairn’s place opting for the Refectory instead. No-one kept tabs on his drinking there.

He and Nairn had blasted through the last of his stash though which had resulted in a small trip to acquire some more and avoid Megara further. She’d been nagging him to attend tea with her, but instead he had decided on a heavy night of tavern hopping. Freshly stocked on dust, the night had been one to remember though he never would, at least not in its entirety. The drinks had flowed early, party favours rolling in soon after. As always it had started innocently and then recklessness had ensued during a game of truth or dare, all participants too high to care, choosing dare since no-one was here to share a sob story.

How Ruth ended up laying in the street would be left to imagination, all he remembered was Danny’s face appearing amongst the dark night sky, and then he was upright, grinning and swaying along as the artificer attempted to get him somewhere else.

He was left hanging onto the outside gate as Danny pounded on the door. Fading in and out, Ruth grumbled bitterly, then belted out a tune at the top of his lungs until Danny shushed him harshly. The elf scowled at him. I saved your… fucking life. I can sing-hic, whenev’s I choose. Pointedly, Ruth stared, one eye narrowing on Danny attempting to appear intimidating though his slow backwards descent down to the floor would say otherwise. Don’t… fucking laugh at me… Dickhead.

Running a hand through his hair, Danny, instead of helping the healer back up, continued to pound until the dwarf answered. He’d explain finding Ruth, the avoidance of Megara etc, knowing the elf would at least not choke on his own vomit in her care while Danny went back to his real job.

“Can’t take him with me in this state. Thought it best that he was with someone he knows.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Gentle Rapping, Rapping At My Cottage Door - by Ruth Yoesif - 05-06-2024, 10:21 AM