A Gentle Rapping, Rapping At My Cottage Door
DOTH so, Blood, Drugs, Alcohol, Language, Hints of Sexuality, Violence, Only One Bed, Angst, Longing, Mistaken Attraction as Dislike, Epic Sass
She watched Danny pound on the door as she stopped at the gate eith her hand cart, staring at Ruth. Really? Showing up drunk again? It was heavily mixed with teasing, as she waved to Danny up on the porch, hearing what the lad had to say, before sighing heavily and stepping in to hoist Ruth's arm up over her shoulders. Do me a favor though, roll my cart up here to the porch. Once I get lover-boy here inside and settled down for a nap, I'll unload my provisions so you can get back to what you need to do.

She made sure to situate herself on Ruth's side where he couldn't see her, knowing that it would irritate him slightly, but she wasn't bothered with that, she was bothered that the rest of her afternoon, and her evening time would be spent sobering Ruth up, and hopefully not spending the entire time having to be a warden. Though, by the look of his rather fall down state, she was pretty sure he would pass out in her bed and sleep off what seemed to be an epic hangover.

Once Danny was off, and she had Ruth inside and comfortably into her good chair, with a bucket beside it for good measure, she went and got him a cold glass of water to set beside him on the side table. You keeping drunk so you have an excuse not to join me in my bed? She'd let him stew on that a moment as she got all her purchases inside and set to putting them away, all the windows open, and the large blade fan going to try and move the hot air out. Thank goodness she didn't have the forge going today. She could handle the sweltering heat, she was made for it, but company wouldn't have been able to.

When she finally had everything settled, put away, and in it's proper home, she took a damp cloth from her small bathing area and cleaned up her face, and down her chest from where she had sweat so profusely from the heat. Once she had her face and hands clean though, she decided she would leave it there for the time. No need to tempt fate that he wouldn't vomit all over her floor if she were to take a quick cold bath to wash the rest of the sweat and road grime away. So instead, she brought a clean cool cloth over to press in his hands. Clean your face, and then you can tell your old Dora what it is that has you this shite faced mid-day still.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Gentle Rapping, Rapping At My Cottage Door - by Theodora Oridotti - 05-06-2024, 10:44 AM