Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming
Parental Death, Grief
Colt grimaced as he watched the kid nearly eat shit, then prepared himself for the full assault of him landing in his lap. The older thief wrapped him up, letting the kid bury in as much as possible, rubbing his back for good measure while listening, hanging on to every word that stammered out of the lad.

The cat was out of the bag now. With his mothers death the truth had come out between the two and at first, Colt didn’t know quite what to say. Nairn was the boss, he’d looked up to him ever since being enrolled into the C at twelve, liked his missus too when she’d been around, but he hadn’t needed a healer as much as the younger, smaller ones. Not lanky Colt.

It a shock, Rabbit. We say things we don’t mean when surprised by som’hin’. he’d begin, expelling a long sigh, tightening his grip as the kid clung more. There had been some suspicion sure, there was a likeness between father and son, but there was never any special treatment between the two that Colt had noticed. Yet, in a way, Nairn had raised the lad even unknowingly, raised them all in a way.

Colt tilted his head some. Reckon, you scared the shit out him, bud. You ain’t gone yet right? So. Seems to me he’s just… well, you know when rabbits eyes go big, right? Fear is all I bet… oh… Naaa, Meg’s nice, she’ll prob sort him straight I bet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming - by Colton Young - 05-08-2024, 05:37 PM