Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming
Parental Death, Grief
Colt's cuddles were the best cuddles. They had this magical way of making everything better, in Haulean's mind. Make no mistake, Haulean also loved curling up in Nairn's lap when he was allowed to. But while Nairn would quietly and patiently sit, and maybe indulge him by resting a gentle hand or his chin on him (which was hella affectionate, for Nairn), there was nothing quite like the enveloping, squeezing hugs that came with Colt cuddles. And let's face it, Haulean was the cuddliest of cuddlebugs. Physical affection was his bread and butter. He could already feel the pain and darkness ebbing away, just from being wrapped up and held so completely, and the crying that had wracked his petite frame was settling down.

"N-Nairn's not s-scared of anything." he mumbled into Colt's neck, nuzzling absently into it. "...'Cept maybe Meg." Not that Meg was scary, mind. But. The rare times when she gave somebody the Look for doing something royally stupid and life-threatening... whose knees wouldn't turn to jelly? Oh gods... what if Meg didn't like him anymore, now that Nairn was his dad? What if she got mad at Nairn for being his dad? Those were heartbreaking thoughts to entertain. Maybe he ought to tell Nairn to just pretend he wasn't his son, and then things could stay as they were, and Nairn and Meg could stay together and be happy. They deserved to be together and happy. Haulean wouldn't ruin that for the world...

"Colt... do you think... Meg will still like me? I don't wanna mess things up with her and Nairn..." He closed his eyes and scrunched his face. "What'm I gonna do?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming - by Haulean Oruven - 05-14-2024, 10:11 AM