A Gentle Rapping, Rapping At My Cottage Door
DOTH so, Blood, Drugs, Alcohol, Language, Hints of Sexuality, Violence, Only One Bed, Angst, Longing, Mistaken Attraction as Dislike, Epic Sass
Ruth only scoffed at her words, shaking his head to brush them aside. He wasn’t in the mood to be teased, but the quip came out regardless, helping to stroke that usual ego of his into life. I am aren’t I? the question needn’t be answered since he rolled his eye and focused on dressing himself.

It all changed when he tried to ask without saying it out loud. His eye zero’d in on her, narrowing a little more while attempting to read her schooled expression. There was a minute waver in his gaze as the fabric slipped, the valley on display gleamed but her words had his full intention. He blinked, the line across his brow wobbled and then annoyed as she struggled to fight the smile itching to spread across her face. Enjoying yourself aren’t you? he’d grunt, turning his head away to glance around at where he’d slept as Dora explained Danny abandoning him there.

He’s a good lad. If he took me to Megara she’d’ve turned me into a plant. Snorting, Ruth picked up his satchel, intent on getting out of this suddenly awkward as fuck interaction. His head buzzed painfully between his orbits, guts clenched in ways that didn’t hunger for food but drink.

And then she had her hands all light and soft around his wrists, the sensation almost foreign, especially from her. The elf found himself staring at the contact, startled, but frozen in place until she’d finish saying her piece. Ruth’s throat went dry, mouth opened to say something until he looked at her and nothing, not a sound came out. Only a hesitant, awkward laugh. Damn she looked cute, all red faced. Ruthmillion. But the reality quickly sobered him, fear of her becoming attached, dependant on him, causing his hands to pull gently out of hers, one hand pushing hers back towards her.

I’m good. I need to go. You need… your sleep, work… whatever. he bounced a shoulder moving away towards the door at a pace. He’d pause though, giving her a firm nod. Thanks though. I’d say I’d try and not make a habit of it, but that would be a lie. Danny’s found another idiot to pass me off to. Think of it as a kindness that I don’t hang about, you’ve better things to do.

@Theodora Oridotti

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Gentle Rapping, Rapping At My Cottage Door - by Ruth Yoesif - 05-30-2024, 04:39 PM