No One Trustworthy
death
“Where was he found.” His voice remained level but he was ready to burst out his skin. Tacitus stared down at the missive in his hand, silently listening to the details being said to him in a breathless rush, jotting notes down on the edge of the missive. Eventually he started repeating himself so he was dismissed. He stared down at his note for a long moment. The second he moved so many things would have to happen at once, a full investigation, speaking to the family of the deceased, the head of the family, but as long as he stood here nothing was quite real. He floated in the dusty haze of the moment, holding his breath before a long sigh. He pivoted on his heel and walked out into the main courtyard.

He loved the flowers of the courtyard, even now as he jogged across the paved walking path he couldn't help but leave his hands out to brush into the petals as strode by. He stopped before the House Umbra library, taking a moment to set his jaw and make sure he was as presentable as possible. He took a deep breath and opened the door.

“Tiberius, I have news for you.” he said walking over master of the house, who looked deep in some research. “I regret to inform you that one of our guardsman was found dead an hour ago not too far from here.” He pulled the missive out of his robe and opened in front of him. “Konstance Adamo was on extended leave as of a week ago unfortunately has turned up dead outside of a drinking establishment downtown.” slowly his brain beginning to wake up. “They last served as a guard to the attaché to House Verax but their rotation ended and their mandatory leave began.” He looked up at Tiberius, who had missed the last 5 years of politics within the houses. “This is most unusual. I intend to investigate immediately.” He nodded in a half bow and stood ready to pivot and round up a retinue. “On your leave I shall see to it.”

Messages In This Thread
No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 06-02-2024, 08:06 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tiberius Umbra - 06-15-2024, 06:37 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 06-22-2024, 05:07 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tiberius Umbra - 07-12-2024, 04:11 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 07-23-2024, 03:54 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tiberius Umbra - 08-19-2024, 08:50 AM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 08-22-2024, 02:28 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tiberius Umbra - 10-22-2024, 11:43 AM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 10-24-2024, 06:33 AM