A Resolved Heart
None
Please, she started, her voice still holding the amusement and embarassment at her current predicament. Ya already turn me fifteen shades of ruthmillion on a good day, what's another day? She tried again to get turned a bit so she could look back at him, the tangle of her hair making it impossible for her to do so, but she heard something there, What was that? Dora wasn't sure if that was something for her ears, or him cursing the fact he always had to get her out of the most insane situations. She was betting on the latter. If the tables were reversed, she would have a couple choice words, especially if he was as bad as she was at accepting help and healing.

She knew her faults.

And when he told her not to kick him, she nodded. Nah, if and when I kick you Ruth, there will be good justifiable reasoning behind it, even if you deserve one for startling me. It ain't justifiable yet. Then his fingers were on the bare skin of her ankle as he went to turn her, those digits that had been interrupting her day dreams recently, that time he had to hold her insides together when she was intent on not letting him -- his hands had been on her hip, flared out over her abdomen. Now removed from the immenent death risk, the memory was revisited now and then when her brain wouldn't let her imagine anyone else. Something that was becoming rapidly annoying. Ruth was her friend, and she was pretty sure he wouldn't like the idea of her supplementing his hands into her alone time.

Then she was turned right side up, and faced with the object of those day dreams in full, living color, for a few seconds, before the world was spinning again. Unfortunately, this time, she was dragging him along too. The momentum of flipping her back over hadn't arrested, and so instead of stopping to where she could disentangle herself and stand on her own two feet, instead she, and by the odd chance, him, tumbled over as the hammock finally bit the dust and fell, dropping them in a tumble of limbs to the planks below that made up her front porch.

She had squeezed her eyes shut as they flipped again, bracing to feel her back to the floor, but instead she felt a soft, warm body under her as the flip came to a halt, the fabric and netting of the hammock settling over them both. It took her a few moments, to realize what had happened to them, before she was laughing, and trying to sit up to get her weight off him, the fabric and netting making that a bit difficult as the laugh that had started on her lips, died as she realized she couldn't just get off him.

"Oh no.." Dora thought as her legs slid down his sides to try and sit up completely again, panic gripping her for a moment being trapped, her breath coming fast as she leaned up as much as she could. Stone, Ruth, I.. I'm sorry I'm trying to get off you, I swear it!

Fate, it would seem, liked keeping her the brightest shade of red possible when it came to him.

@Ruth Yoesif

Messages In This Thread
A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 05-30-2024, 10:01 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-02-2024, 05:20 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 06-03-2024, 12:18 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-07-2024, 01:06 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 06-13-2024, 09:15 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-16-2024, 05:22 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 06-17-2024, 12:42 AM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-19-2024, 03:38 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 06-19-2024, 11:34 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-24-2024, 07:19 PM