Like fat Prophets, Profits? Profits.
Injuries
Gabe chuckled softly at Mariam's reaction, a playful glint in his eyes as he watched her get back into her element. He admired her focus and skill, always appreciating how seamlessly they worked together. Perhaps if not for the trauma in his past, he might have realised by now that his feelings for her went beyond the obvious, but he’d refused himself any sort of romantic entanglement for so long, it came like second nature. He adjusted the strap of his satchel, ensuring his tools and supplies were within easy reach.

Alright, Mariam, he said, a grin spreading across his face. Let’s get this done. There’s a bottle of whiskey with my name on it at the nearest tavern we come to after we leave here.

He moved forward, his senses attuned to the arcane energies around them. The ancient ruins they were exploring held secrets that could be unlocked only by someone with his expertise in magic and someone with Mariam's precision with a bow.

He paused for a moment, his eyes narrowing as he detected a faint magical aura coming from a nearby chamber. He motioned for Mariam to follow him, his tone becoming more serious. I think I’ve found something. Stay sharp.

As they approached the chamber, Gabe whispered a few incantations under his breath, his fingers tracing intricate patterns in the air. A soft glow emanated from his hands, illuminating the dark corridor ahead. Looks like there’s a ward up ahead. I’ll need to dispel it before we can proceed. He turned to Mariam, his expression confident but cautious. Keep an eye out for any traps or hidden enemies. This place is bound to have a few surprises.

Gabe began working on dismantling the magical barrier, his hands moving with practiced precision. As he focused on his task, he felt a reassuring presence behind him. Mariam’s steady breathing and the slight creak of her bowstring as she remained on high alert were comforting.

Just a few more moments love, he murmured, his concentration unwavering. With a final gesture, the barrier dissipated, and the path ahead cleared. Gabe let out a breath he hadn’t realized he was holding and looked back at Mariam with a satisfied smile.

There we go. All set. Let’s see what treasures or trouble await us on the other side.

He stepped aside, allowing Mariam to take the lead once more. He knew she preferred to be at the forefront, ready to take down any threats that might arise. Together, they moved forward, each trusting the other to have their back.

@Mariam DeTyne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Like fat Prophets, Profits? Profits. - by Gabriel Poulin - 03-25-2024, 02:00 PM
RE: Like fat Prophets, Profits? Profits. - by Gabriel Poulin - 04-07-2024, 02:04 PM
RE: Like fat Prophets, Profits? Profits. - by Gabriel Poulin - 04-29-2024, 03:31 PM
RE: Like fat Prophets, Profits? Profits. - by Gabriel Poulin - 05-12-2024, 07:56 AM
RE: Like fat Prophets, Profits? Profits. - by Gabriel Poulin - 06-13-2024, 06:26 AM
RE: Like fat Prophets, Profits? Profits. - by Gabriel Poulin - 06-18-2024, 11:27 AM
RE: Like fat Prophets, Profits? Profits. - by Gabriel Poulin - 07-29-2024, 08:04 PM