Medicine and Hauntings, Such a Lovely Divide
Fear, open water, the dark
As her words reached him, Nolan couldn't help but chuckle. You've always had a knack for finding the ones who deserve it most, he replied, a smirk tugging at his lips. And let's be honest, it's a lot more fun when they have it coming.

The years had been hard on both of them, but they'd survived where many hadn't, and that counted for something. Celine's talk of her cove and the defensive advantages it offered made him nod in approval. Sounds like you've got yourself a fortress there. Perfect for keeping unwanted visitors at bay. And yeah, I used to hunt demons and spirits. It was a messy business, but someone had to do it.

Nolan leaned against the rail, his eyes scanning the horizon. He'd seen too much, done too much, to ever feel truly at peace. But with Celine, he found something close to it. They were kindred spirits, bound by their pasts and the blood they'd spilled. We've both got debts to pay, Celine, he said, his voice softer now. But it's not just about paying for the past. It's about making sure the future is better for those who come after us.

He turned to face her fully, his expression serious. You may have bought your freedom, but you've earned it a hundred times over. Every time we take down someone who deserves it, every time we make a small difference, it adds up. We can't change what we did, but we can damn well make sure we leave this world a little better than we found it.

Nolan's gaze softened as he looked at her, admiration and respect clear in his eyes. And for what it's worth, I wouldn't want to be doing this with anyone else. You and me, we understand the cost of our freedom. And as long as there's work to be done, we'll do it together.

@Celine Vonn

Messages In This Thread
RE: Medicine and Hauntings, Such a Lovely Divide - by Nolan Reid - 06-19-2024, 05:06 PM