Wildfires and Weeds
None
“Of course. You were only sulking because I’m far too handsome, I completely understand.” Truly, the tension in Blaine could string a bow. And as much as Tiberius wanted to push him further, if only to see what would happen … This was not the time or place for it. A three-way truce was victory enough, for now. Or, well, maybe just a little bit.

“And don’t forget, oh so generous too.” He did not, after all, need to do any of this. The prior arrangement with Lyric would have held – and Blaine, if he’d come all this way once, would probably hang around and stage more inconvenient ambushes. It was clearly more expedient to have the First Enchanter contained in one safe, controllable location.

“As you like.” It would still be somewhat questionable to have the future lady of the House playing with some random gardener or tutor’s child. They would see that, in time. He need not argue it now. Tiberius dropped his hand slowly from Lyric’s chin, letting her capture it and impart a squeeze. He stroked the back of her hand with his thumb.

“Least you worry. Blood assay would answer things quickly enough, lovely. But I’d rather not get into that if it can be helped.” A doubt once raised was difficult to put to rest. For one, official records would have to exist to build a case for divorce. It was very much a sort of damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

With Lyric speaking so freely, he saw no further reason to avoid doing the same. It pained him, though. Hedge walls were not at all sound proof.

“Yes, well. You need not go that far. You are intelligent people — and at least one of you is a life mage as well. Restrict yourselves to acts that don’t result in pregnancy and we won't have a problem.” Tiberius glanced between them and pulled away from Lyric’s hand at last. He had a strange inkling that he should have been in a towering fury over all this – and yet, he was not.

“I think I’ll walk the maze. Enjoy the rest of your evening.” Thumbs tucked into his jacket pockets, he left them there in each other's company.

@Akibrus Blaine @Lyric Oatshield

Messages In This Thread
Wildfires and Weeds - by Tiberius Umbra - 05-13-2024, 09:40 PM
RE: Wildfires and Weeds - by Akibrus Blaine - 05-24-2024, 06:36 PM
RE: Wildfires and Weeds - by Lyric Oatshield - 06-04-2024, 06:56 PM
RE: Wildfires and Weeds - by Tiberius Umbra - 06-04-2024, 09:25 PM
RE: Wildfires and Weeds - by Akibrus Blaine - 06-08-2024, 08:36 PM
RE: Wildfires and Weeds - by Lyric Oatshield - 06-13-2024, 10:56 AM
RE: Wildfires and Weeds - by Tiberius Umbra - 06-14-2024, 06:15 PM
RE: Wildfires and Weeds - by Akibrus Blaine - 06-16-2024, 10:10 AM
RE: Wildfires and Weeds - by Lyric Oatshield - 06-19-2024, 05:04 PM
RE: Wildfires and Weeds - by Tiberius Umbra - 06-19-2024, 07:56 PM