Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming
Parental Death, Grief
Haulean was able to let out the smallest of snorts when Colt said his choice words about the healer. Though he made no comment about them apparently liking the same girl. That was rough... and Haulean could... kinda relate. But he didn't have it in him to be jealous or disliking of the person that was making his first crush happy. So that was that.

When it came to discussing things with his father, though, the boy just shrugged. He wasn't sure Nairn would listen, this time. He hadn't wanted to listen in the moment... so why would he, now? He didn't want him anymore. At least, that's how it felt. And Haulean didn't necessarily blame him, but it still hurt. Especially when it would result in him losing all of his family at once.

The boy continued to compare and play with Colt's hands and fingers, needing the bit of contact and distraction as they talked further. "Pickin' pockets isn't always about quick, either. Gotta be steady 'n delicate so they don't know you did it. Specially if you're puttin' stuff back." Haulean was notorious for leaving snacks or things in people's pockets. He'd been used more than a few times to pass messages to people on the sly.

As for what he'd done... Haulean blushed deeper at the joking implications of what he could've done. but his answering was interrupted by the request to stand. The much smaller male clamored to his feet and braced himself to help Cole up too. "I uh... I kinda... swiped his knife 'n... p-pulled it on myself." he mumbled, and self-consciously brushed his fingers over the cut at the hollow of his throat. "When he... said he'd send me away." In retrospect, he was damn lucky the thing hadn't been coated in poison.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming - by Haulean Oruven - 06-30-2024, 03:23 PM