Meetings and Open Office Hours
None
Worth of that nature is beyond me, Sir, I shall differ to your learned opinion in that matter. He folded his hands behind his back as he remained centrally located -- he needed to be able to spring into motion if someone breached the room. A last defensive measure. He kept that in the front of his thoughts as he listened to the older man. In their little "family" Deme would be Malachai's mentor, older brother, father even. It meant that any time Malik needed to be near the older man, that he treated him with respect, difference, reverence almost, but not in the way that others would come and bow and scrape. No.

It was deeper than simply knowing the man could utter one word and have Malik killed. Malik's whole remaining family. It came from the trust that was given, that had gained Deme Malik's loyalty. His own birth father had pushed Malik into a generational war, with it's own trauma involved. Deme had simply asked for him to keep him, and the country safe. That was a much easier expectation when it came right down to it. It was why there was a certain affection for Deme, versus his own dead blood. A pleasure, as always, Sir. I am your comfort as long as you deem it needed, or until fate decides differently.

He watched the older man drink, knowing the bottle probably came from the private stash below the Palace, the animal he had just been leaving the amplified smells lingering in his nose. He'd smelled the vintage once before, on a servant. Interesting. He'd investigate that later. I find it is easier when few know of my true nature, of course. It makes things easier, Sir.

@Demetrius Arvina

Messages In This Thread
Meetings and Open Office Hours - by Malik Vrai - 06-17-2024, 11:19 AM
RE: Meetings and Open Office Hours - by Demetrius Arvina - 06-18-2024, 11:26 AM
RE: Meetings and Open Office Hours - by Malik Vrai - 07-03-2024, 07:24 PM
RE: Meetings and Open Office Hours - by Demetrius Arvina - 07-08-2024, 09:23 AM