Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming
Parental Death, Grief
It was all too obvious when Colt had just come back from a Mina date. The only times Colt was serious was during a job at hand, the rest of it he was spouting that goofy grin, full and wide, with a whistled or gently sung tune following him. He’d been with a few girls, one or two who’d taken him for a foul, but after meeting Mina he’d only flirt if need be, and only for the job.

The lack of response caused his head to shake, expelling a sigh. You be honest. Best way to deal with the boss is just be straight. He’ll respect it. Nairn’s word carried weight and while he could be a hard ass bastard, he was fair, he paid well and put a roof over folks who needed it. It didn’t surprise Colt the loyalty folks had, but also a generous helping of fear along with it, Nairn hadn’t become boss without blood being paid.

Exactly, see? Might be you’re a locksmith, or a tinkerer, Colt chuckled, letting the kid play with his inked hands. Not that I mind a sweetie or two, but a coin goes a lot further. His voice teasing. Back on his feet he stretched out with a groan and a long sigh, hand left scratching the back of his neck while Haulean explained. Any of the usual jovial Colt fell away instantly. You did what?

A cold dread coiled in his gut, eyes widening and then blinking rapidly to dispel the rising fear. He'd obviously not seen it though but, Colt couldn't let it pass, voice growing quiet, but strained. Why the fuck would you do something stupid like that?

@Haulean Oruven

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, Damn! I Didn't Expect That for a Homecoming - by Colton Young - 07-06-2024, 02:59 PM