That’s the price of secrecy
Shenanigans will ensue, no telling how crazy it could get
Horus slid into the booth opposite Ruth, a mischievous glint in his eye as he took in the worn tavern surroundings. He leaned back, taking a swig of his pint, the faint aroma of ale mixing with the scent of adventure in the air.

Aye, Vicky's not my Ma, he drawled, a roguish grin spreading across his face. But she's got a talent for makin' folks think otherwise, doesn't she? His eyes sparkled with amusement as he recalled the many tales he'd spun.

Survivin' that ordeal, just me as a babe, Horus continued, the humor fading from his expression. Seems a bit odd, if you ask me. Somethin' dark and twisty lurkin' in the shadows, mate. That's why we've got to uncover the truth.

Ruth's agreement brought a smirk to Horus's lips. Ah, booze, treasure, and a filthy dark mystery. Sounds like the perfect recipe for a grand adventure, eh? He watched as Ruth downed a generous swig of his pint, clearly pondering the possibilities.

Horus leaned in, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper. We'll unravel this mystery together, savvy? Whatever it takes. And if things get a bit too dicey, he added with a wink, we can always reach out to Vicky. I’d just rather not concern her until I have more answers. Don’t want her to think I wasn’t grateful for all she’s done for me.

He raised his pint in a toast, eyes twinkling with the promise of danger and discovery. To us, mate. And to the secrets yet to be uncovered.

With that, he took a deep drink, savoring the camaraderie and the thrill of the unknown that lay ahead.

@Ruth Yoesif

Messages In This Thread
That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 06-18-2024, 11:33 AM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 06-25-2024, 02:44 PM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 07-02-2024, 08:06 AM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 07-08-2024, 09:24 AM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 08-06-2024, 08:50 AM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 08-12-2024, 03:15 PM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 08-22-2024, 05:15 PM
RE: That’s the price of secrecy - by Horus - 10-14-2024, 01:27 PM