Out of the Shadows
None
Vincent chuckled softly, his eyes crinkling at the corners as he looked at her with genuine affection. Caught me, did you? he said with a playful tone. Alright, I admit, this walk isn't just about our health. I like our talks, and I worry about you, especially with everything that's been going on.

As they strolled, Vincent felt the warmth of her arm tucked firmly around his, a simple gesture that seemed to anchor them both. He was unaware of the societal whispers about her, the criticisms of her independence and strength, he’d never been one for high society even when Maeve entered it by marrying Lucien, and even if he had in his mind those were her most admirable qualities.

You know, you're right. My heart probably is healthier, thanks to all this walking, he said, his voice taking on a more serious note. As for Rosie and me... well, things are steady. She's got her hands full with the blight research, and I with my Grey Warden duties, but we're managing.

He watched as she tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, noticing the slight tremor in her movements. She was putting on a brave face, but he could sense her unease. His grip on her arm tightened slightly, a silent promise of support.

Tevinter, you say? he said, raising an eyebrow. That's quite an honour. I'm not surprised though; they've got an eye for talent, and you, my dear, are full of it. But tell me, what kind of academics are we talking about? And what exactly do they want you to speak about?

He glanced at the alleyways, mirroring her vigilance. The city had its dangers, but together, they were a formidable pair. Vincent felt a surge of protectiveness, coupled with admiration for her courage. Whatever challenges lay ahead, he was determined to face them with her, every step of the way.

@Ophelia Jolfy

Messages In This Thread
Out of the Shadows - by Ophelia Jolfy - 03-25-2024, 01:31 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Vincent Valathrian - 03-25-2024, 03:17 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Ophelia Jolfy - 04-05-2024, 06:26 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Vincent Valathrian - 04-11-2024, 10:15 AM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Ophelia Jolfy - 04-28-2024, 08:30 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Vincent Valathrian - 05-08-2024, 02:06 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Ophelia Jolfy - 05-26-2024, 04:42 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Vincent Valathrian - 06-13-2024, 12:21 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Ophelia Jolfy - 06-16-2024, 12:09 AM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Vincent Valathrian - 06-19-2024, 05:10 PM