Meetings and Open Office Hours
None
It is the least I can do after Yourself and the Chancellor took me in after my family's fall from grace. Anything I can do to further the Realm's sustained prosperity is not only my duty, but my pleasure. After all, Deme and Malachai had been more parental figures to him than his own father had. But that was something he would take with him a little while longer. Until Seraphine knew at least, it would be something only the three men knew. How he had to kill his own father that night -- a kinslayer. But he had done it to save a child. And now he regretted not ending that child himself. He would have never forgave himself, but at least he might retain a small shred of sanity.

As the glass was handed to him, he couldn't help the small smile, Only if you insist. I am technically on duty unless you decide I am not. His tolerance would allow him a glass or two and still be sharp enough to defend the leader of the realm. And there were contingency plans if he ever felt like the was losing control in the presence of the Archon. He would turn himself into a fly and stay still until he was crushed. It would be the last conscious effort on his part, but it was something that he had beaten into his brain for years, he was honestly more scared of one of the cats getting him before he would be able to be squished. After all, cats were vicious with their prey.

Thank you, sir. It's been a long while since I had a cup of anything this delicious. And it was, the small sip he had allowed himself once Deme had indicated it was fine enough to let him know that this was the vintage that he had last sampled on his 25th name day. He wasn't sure why that bottle had made it into the celebration, but it had, and he had a wonderful night that night. And this was, after all, the final week of his personal detail, until the next time he would be on personal detail. Even with his closeness to the man who lead the country, and the man who he called father -- he wasn't given special treatment when it came to guard duty schedules. Neither he nor Novella took preferential treatment in that regard. This is my last evening with you until a month from now, sir, so it's a nice way to cap out another successful round.

@Demetrius Arvina

Messages In This Thread
Meetings and Open Office Hours - by Malik Vrai - 06-17-2024, 11:19 AM
RE: Meetings and Open Office Hours - by Demetrius Arvina - 06-18-2024, 11:26 AM
RE: Meetings and Open Office Hours - by Demetrius Arvina - 07-08-2024, 09:23 AM
RE: Meetings and Open Office Hours - by Malik Vrai - 07-13-2024, 02:07 PM