Out of the Shadows
None
You shouldn't worry. I am getting better. I even traveled out of country recently! It's not like when you found me and the only way I could leave the workhouse was to go from the dorm to the work floor. I never.. Maker Vince, if you hadn't found me. She let that line of thought trail off, because Vince had been the one to find her once Luce had taken the manor back over. It's why even though they were not related by any means, that it felt like they were family all the more. Vince had found and saved her, and that had been that. Since that day he had been her baby brother, and protector. She does important work with solving the blight, and I am more than willing to help her with her research, you know it's a specialty of mine, if in theory more than practice in a lot of things, I am afraid though, that unless it's solving another theft or murder with your Warden duties, I am of little help there. She grinned at him as she put her head over on his shoulder, with his tightened grip.

He was there. And real. She was safe. She was getting better. Soon she'd take trips on her own, she would get there. She would.

Dry boring dusty old men, she whined as she sighed, exaggeratedly. That wanted their own peer review of my latest work. You know where I solved that we can adjust a potion to size so we're not medicating a child into oblivion for several days on a dose that would be good for an elephant, and not making someone with a larger frame be in pain still because we gave them a dose that would be good for a house cat. They didn't trust that a woman, and a low-born woman did it themselves, but jokes on them. I may not have claimed the name formally, but they can't doubt my parentage anymore.

She thought a moment before she raised her head up off his shoulder. She was never afraid to show physical affection with the men in her life -- after all, Luce, Rene, Vince himself -- they were all brothers to her. Had cared for her like she was truly their little sister, and she not the big sister. It meant so much to her, to be allowed to be herself, without being force to be... someone she wasn't. Of course, her father had started that, long before they had known he was her father. She had been spoiled in the house from a young age. It all made sense now. So I was talking with one that has a theory that poisons and the things they use to make women groggy, that one plant you usually find in drinks after you find a woman, or man, in the alley way been rolled or.. taken advantage of, they have a theory that we should be able to detect it and the magic in the blood and body long after ingestion, and that may be able to help us treat people better, knowing how much is in their system. And well.. if it lead to death, knowing when it was given to them to find out how long the body had been ... laying out. It's an interesting theory, and the man said he had no mind for it, so I thought I'd take a crack at it. It would help you and the other Wardens so much I think.

@Vincent Valathrian

Messages In This Thread
Out of the Shadows - by Ophelia Jolfy - 03-25-2024, 01:31 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Vincent Valathrian - 03-25-2024, 03:17 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Ophelia Jolfy - 04-05-2024, 06:26 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Vincent Valathrian - 04-11-2024, 10:15 AM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Ophelia Jolfy - 04-28-2024, 08:30 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Vincent Valathrian - 05-08-2024, 02:06 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Ophelia Jolfy - 05-26-2024, 04:42 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Vincent Valathrian - 06-13-2024, 12:21 PM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Ophelia Jolfy - 06-16-2024, 12:09 AM
RE: Out of the Shadows - by Vincent Valathrian - 06-19-2024, 05:10 PM