A Resolved Heart
None
He ignored her first comment, gaze fixing to stare through the tinted lenses up into the skyline. Ruth knew how. He’d done it before, not to Dora, but he had asked Nell before and what had it done? Left him worse, proving his point right that no-one was to be relied upon. He was Mr Fuck’emandleave’em. He didn’t settle.

She was trying so damn hard, but as she tried to Ruth couldn’t help tilt his chin downwards, eye peering over the shades. Dora you wound me, a palm pressing itself across his chest, feigning hurt if it weren't for that shit eating grin. The less he said the better he felt, biting back from bragging about gaining regular applause for how his mouth played Willie like a fucking fiddle. It was poor form to gloat about the little minx.

Where else? he asked, brows knitting together briefly. Who else was inviting her somewhere? New wife? Ha! Those two have been basically married from day one. Nairn just moves at a snail pace while Megara’s too in love with him to care. He found a rolled cigarette first, placing it between his lips before reaching inside again to search for the fancy envelope.

I don’t think it’ll be an issue, Nairn’s just freaking out, but this day is gonna be a stretch for him. He don’t do crowds. Doesn’t do public affection. I reckon the ceremony will be light on bodies, but the party is a different story. Pulling a face he eventually produced the green invitation, hand painted leaves framed around her carefully written name. I met Nairn first, but I’ve known the Stoner longer given his “death”. She’s scarier than he is and add in Sylaise and I don’t favour my chances alone. He could cope with one or the other, but when both raged as a united front no witty word of his was going to calm her.

After she’d taken the paper from him Ruth’s hands returned to his pockets. I think you can leave the forge behind. It’s not some backwater rat dwelling we’re going to, it’s Arlathan. They have forges there… unless of course she blows us all to hell then it won’t matter at all. He laughed nervously because if there was one person who made a valid attempt at keeping him in line, who’d stuck with him and put up with his antics it was the Stoner.

Good. And ooooh, dancing? He chuckled, hands gesturing limply before shaking his head a little. I will be doing my part, showing face and then letting my demons run wild and filthy. Probably with Willie if she says she'll come. He’d already decided on inviting the whore, what better way to distract him from all the nauseating candyfloss of feelings flying around.

@Theodora Oridotti

Messages In This Thread
A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 05-30-2024, 10:01 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-02-2024, 05:20 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 06-03-2024, 12:18 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-07-2024, 01:06 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 06-13-2024, 09:15 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-16-2024, 05:22 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 06-17-2024, 12:42 AM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-19-2024, 03:38 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 06-19-2024, 11:34 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-24-2024, 07:19 PM