Lunch Dates and Dress Shopping
None
"The music was beautiful, I'll grant that. But do you not think the story a bit... on the nose?" Enzo moved at a leisurely pace along the street, a rotund and older man at his side.

"Quite the opposite! Prescient, I dare say. Are we not all so afflicted now? Lucillius, toddling on shorter legs, huffed his earnestness up at Enzo.

"Quite." Enzo allowed. "But that is exactly the sort of thing I should like to escape from at the Opera. A spirit, desperate for mortal form? A tale as old as time, my friend. It's been done to death."

Lucillius was responding, but Enzo's ear caught the his own name in the air and he turned, looking about for who had called it. Anyone would be a welcome distraction from old Lucillius. It took a moment, but soon his eyes caught a shock of red hair around a face looking directly at him. She was moving their way and it was a second more before he recalled where he'd seen her before.

"Forgive me, Lucillius, but I must leave you here. I've a pressing engagement I've just remembered." he said, executing a quick tilt of his frame as a goodbye and stepping quickly away. The street was not excessively crowded, but enough passersby moved between them that he was free of the man by the time he and the lady met.

"Madam Jolfy, of the University of Orlais!" he said as he took her hand. He moved gracefully into a bow, kissing the air just above her knuckles before releasing her hand. "What a delight to see you again. Have you come to whisk me away to your University? I've not forgotten you promised to show me the trees you care for there." As he straightened, Enzo smiled warmly at the woman, then glanced back in the direction from which she came. "Are you with dear Mally? Or have you come to me alone?" he asked, eyes twinkling with a touch of mischief.

Messages In This Thread
Lunch Dates and Dress Shopping - by Ophelia Jolfy - 07-13-2024, 06:29 PM
RE: Lunch Dates and Dress Shopping - by Enzo Pavus - 07-17-2024, 12:24 PM