A Resolved Heart
None
Theo shook her head and smiled widely as he mocked his incredulousness at her words, let him play, she thought, the grin worth it all, even if there was more there that she could tell he wasn't saying -- she liked to think she really was coming to know him finally, maybe. Sometimes, like the times he stared off like that, she wondered if she would ever really know him at all. Ach, you never know, I could get invited somewhere fancy by a friend. I do have some of those, they're just off doing stuff like.. traveling.

Garryn was traveling after all, and he was a friend, in a fashion. A king.. but still a friend. But she accepted the fancy envelope when he handed it over, her fingers lingering on his just a moment too long, the digits sliding over his, before her fingers gently touched her name written properly on the lovely green. Sounds like they have a good grasp on one another and this is just the formality of it all then. But weddings are so good Ruth, they always make me cry when the groom sees the bride the first time. They always look so happy, well, when it's not the father standing there with a dagger to a kidney, then they usually look pretty miserable, but I've not been to one like that for a while now.

It's not a matter of them not having a forge there, it's a matter if I need to spot forge something quickly, I won't be having time to run to a blacksmith and run back, better to have my trusted tools right there, and ready to go to give Nairn peace of mind. She thought about it a moment, giving him a light, good natured push on his arm when he made fun of her for wanting to dance, chuckling some. Careful I may come hunting you down for one, she teased gently before he mentioned Mina, nodding as she did. She didn't know why that stung so much, so suddenly, and she wasn't about to go examining that feeling any time soon, so she cataloged it away for a time when she was drunk, and sad to figure out, and then shrugged at him. Mina was good at what she did, but, You know I never thought of it, but that's a woman we both know the taste of. She laughed then, fully -- she never thought they'd ever share such a thing in common as the same person. Ahh, I hope she can come, she ain't never been too terribly far away from that bar she's at with her Daddy, maybe I'll steal her from you for a dance or two while you find your drinks.

She wished he didn't have to hide in the drink so much -- she had seen him drunk too many times, but didn't feel it was her place to say something -- yet. Once she knew him just a little bit better, well.. then he was in for a piece or three of her mind when he got too far gone in those cups.

@Ruth Yoesif

Messages In This Thread
A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 05-30-2024, 10:01 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-02-2024, 05:20 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 06-03-2024, 12:18 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-07-2024, 01:06 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 06-13-2024, 09:15 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-16-2024, 05:22 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 06-17-2024, 12:42 AM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-19-2024, 03:38 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Theodora Oridotti - 06-19-2024, 11:34 PM
RE: A Resolved Heart - by Ruth Yoesif - 06-24-2024, 07:19 PM