No One Trustworthy
death
Flipping Konstance onto his back was a strange thing. Tacitus had dealt with his fair share of corpses during his military service, but the rigidity that Konstance held even hours latter was unnerving. He rolled him over on to his back and grimaced as he rocked slightly before settling into position. Tacitus dug through his coat before producing a small purse of coin, a 14 inch dagger, and a handkerchief with a red waxy smear on it. Tacitus brought the kerchief to his nose, clearly the source of the floral scent. He glared down at it, could be a clue, could be nonsense.

Tiberius massive fucking cat was clearly going to be a problem. Tacitus had heard that if you die in a house with a cat it would eat your face fairly soon after, but usually it was due to neglect and need, but this was something more feral. Tacitus had to work with one arm out, boxing the now lightly growling beast just behind him. Clearly something was primally driving the beast. Her ears back and eyes locked on Konstance. “Tiberius, I think that perhaps Bel is becoming a complication.” Tacitus shouldered back heavily into the chest of the big cat, moving it perhaps a foot and felt it start to arch it's back to think about jumping over him.

“Tiberius I think if you're gonna ask him questions, you should do it now before we lose control of Bel.” Tacitus let the strength of lyrium surge through his arms and pivoted to face the big cat. Bel continued to ignore him, pushing his head over his shoulder. Tacitus reached up around the cat's massive tree trunk neck and with both hands grabbed the loose skin on the top of the neck and pulled it tight above the cat. Bel froze in place, and thus did Tacitus, as both of them seemingly shut down. Through a strained voice he spoke to Tiberius, “I think I can buy you a minute or two before I tire out or Bel shrugs this off. Make it count.” Grimly Tacitus dug his heels in and remembered miserable books about holding the weight of the world on your shoulders.

Messages In This Thread
No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 06-02-2024, 08:06 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tiberius Umbra - 06-15-2024, 06:37 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 06-22-2024, 05:07 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tiberius Umbra - 07-12-2024, 04:11 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 07-23-2024, 03:54 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tiberius Umbra - 08-19-2024, 08:50 AM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 08-22-2024, 02:28 PM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tiberius Umbra - 10-22-2024, 11:43 AM
RE: No One Trustworthy - by Tacitus Ursus - 10-24-2024, 06:33 AM