Lunch Dates and Dress Shopping
None
Ah, so Mal was a part of this outing after all, if not physically present. Yes, Enzo did remember that he was quite possessive of the lady the night of the Archon's ball. Of course, he'd attempted to downplay it, but that was his way; strong tall walls guarded his heart. Or so he thought. Mal had tried to impress upon them that Ophelia was an asset, important to some work being done. And Enzo believed that, but he also believed that naughty Mal intended to mix business with pleasure. And why shouldn't he. Ophelia was truly beautiful, and her earnestness was endearing. Mal would be a fool not to fall for her.

"My Orlesian is..." Enzo lifted up his free hand and wobbled it, "better when I'm drunk, I think." he said, releasing her hand to avail himself of some of the luncheon offerings. He chuckled at her caveat as he pulled a thin bar of a sandwich in half.

"My dear, it would be a scandal to cover you up too much!" he said, giving her a wink as he popped a bite of the sandwich into his mouth. As he chewed however, he furrowed his brown again in consideration. "But I see your meaning. Cast too wide a net, you catch more than you bargain for.

"Luckily for you, I've known M-"
Enzo paused, then lowered his voice and leaned in. "Are we being intentionally clandestine about our mutual friend?" he asked, emphasizing the words and holding back a slight smile. "Well, I've known our friend a long time. I'm sure that Madam de-Solar and I can steer you true. Now, I'd love to know more about your work at the University, tell me all about it." he said, plucking a scone from the middle platter.

Messages In This Thread
Lunch Dates and Dress Shopping - by Ophelia Jolfy - 07-13-2024, 06:29 PM
RE: Lunch Dates and Dress Shopping - by Enzo Pavus - 07-23-2024, 06:48 PM