And We Still Carry On
None
He hesitated, glancing slightly to the door he was using to hold himself up. He hadn't knocked, had he? Just barged into some stranger's home without even thinking about it. Maybe he was lucky he wasn't on the receiving end of a blade right about now. Sorry, the words came out softly, biting back the pain as he tried to straighten up a little more, I'm used to making quiet entrances. His job was to neither be seen nor heard. If he had business back in his Master's home, he was supposed to slip in and slip out without anyone even noticing he was there in the first place. Knocking was at the bottom of the list of things he was supposed to do unless his Master had summoned him to his office. Then, he was supposed to knock. But that rarely happened, he was not the sort to get summoned to any offices.

But that was neither here nor there now. Now he was in the doorway of some stranger's home seeking aid, and he just hoped he wasn't about to get tossed out on the street or handed over to the city guard.

Despite the permission to enter, Abelen was still hesitant as he slipped inside the door, shuffling slightly to close it behind him. He knew better than to just trust some stranger, almost attempting to keep his distance as he moved towards the bed, biting back a small yelp as he perched himself on the edge of it. Only then did he move, brushing the hood of his cloak down with his left hand, his right arm still hanging rather uselessly at his side, unwilling to irritate the pain further. Even though he was barely moving, it was like a thousand tiny jabs under the skin, biting and tearing with every ride and fall of his chest.

I was - ah - he cut off when he made the stupid mistake of moving just a little too much. A grimace crossed his features, though it was quickly gone almost as soon as it had appeared. On the receiving end of a few arrows awhile back and the injures aren't healing as much as I would like them to. He didn't want to say too much, just in case two and two was put together. I have done what I can, but I think I've just made it worse.

The fact both wounds went untreated for a few days while he simmered quietly in his cell waiting for his Master to come and save him also probably didn't help. If they had been treated immediately after, then perhaps he wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place.

Messages In This Thread
And We Still Carry On - by Abelen - 07-26-2024, 01:35 PM
RE: And We Still Carry On - by Esmé Lachance - 07-26-2024, 06:26 PM
RE: And We Still Carry On - by Abelen - 07-27-2024, 02:33 PM
RE: And We Still Carry On - by Esmé Lachance - 08-07-2024, 09:50 AM
RE: And We Still Carry On - by Abelen - 08-10-2024, 05:33 PM